Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at PNM Resources to join us.

Energy Federation Incorporated Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

You will not make a lot of money and you need to have thick skin. Be prepared to be frustrated because good ideas are often ignored until someone higher up decides they thought of it.

Employees are not treated with respect. The CEO is prone to temper tantrums and takes them out on whomever is close by when it happens.

Ashwood Gifts Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Personally I would suggest most people, let alone women, to avoid working at this organisation. Ashwood Gifts Ltd is run by a family of Christians from the Plymouth Brethren/Exclusive Brethren community, who are very insular as part of their core nature. Research the PBs before accepting a position in this organisation to check that you know what you're letting yourself in for. At the time I worked there, three women worked in the same office as me. The co-founder's sister showed plenty of signs of being unhappy; her aunt seemed to have resigned herself to being seen as a lesser person; one of the warehouse workers was the designated 'tea-lady'. Outside of the office I physically worked in there was also the younger co-founder's wife, with whom I had a limited amount of contact, who did not respond to my efforts to say hello and introduce myself but was very quick to point out any mistakes I made. Regarding mistakes, I started the job feeling confident that I would do well, however I received minimal training. At first I took this to mean that I was doing a good job, but later it became apparent that most of the workers in the office did not want to interact with me (as I said, the Plymouth Brethren are worth researching before you commit to a job like this. Notably, PBs tend to discourage one-another from talking to non-PBs. This extended to training me properly). There is more that I could say here. This workplace offers a budget for free lunches but refuse to sit with you at lunchtime; they are overall very sensitive to anything even vaguely approaching colourful language; communication within the organisation leaves a lot to be desired (especially for outsiders like me. I once received an Instant Message between two of Ashwood's family members talking negatively about me, and I although I reported this to the co-founders, the reaction and any kind of satisfying resolution was very much lacking. Plus, when I handed my notice in, I waited for the co-founder to inform the rest of the team. When this was not mentioned in any group email or team huddle I asked when he was going to announce my leaving to the group. He told me he already had. I'd simply been left out of it).

To say that they are a little bit flexible is technically true but admittedly unhelpful: my working contract stated that I must dress modestly and was disallowed from wearing trousers. Since I feel more comfortable in trousers I asked, when I joined, to wear them and they accepted this. However, I am sure that I have already hinted enough that there are serious core issues with the way this company views and treats women, and I believe these need to be addressed but are unlikely to be. In addition, despite my job being administrative and the industry the company traded in being fairly full of late-starters (many of our customers opened at 10 or 11am, and even then seasonally,), the co-founders' religious beliefs supported starting work very early in the morning. My initial contract was for me to start work at 7am. Due to circumstances at home I was unable to accept a start quite so early so re-contracted for 7.30am. They accepted this. It may also be worth noting that this company had me working for as many hours as they could. Just because I started at 7.30am it didn't mean I got to leave early. I left a while ago but my leaving time was 5.30pm.

Eliminate the negative impact of the founders' religious beliefs about women, which currently lessen the prospects of women in this workplace.

Fifteen Degrees Advertising & Digital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Be prepared for a lot of controlling behavior and bro culture

Von Maur Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Hard work is rewarded by Opportunities for advancement and recognition.

Socrata Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

There is no parental leave policy, no discrimination policy and complaints from women are treated as though trivial.

The Hand Prop Room Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits, family-friendly office and a nice community of people to work with. The clients are miserable though and compensation is very low. It's difficult to have any upward mobility here.

SODAT-Delaware, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work there. this employer is not female friendly and does not support advancement

United States Geological Survey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There's intrinsic bias and limiting beliefs about women in science that are occasionally just hard to get around; but the USGS is a place where avoiding that is often and almost usually possible; I'm certain that it depends on coworkers and direct managers, though.

United States Department of State Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Do not be afraid of "being that woman" who calls out inappropriate behavior or blatant sexism.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Ballotpedia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ballotpedia is a ROWE-based work environment, meaning you can work however many hours a week you wish, no questions asked--as long as you get the work done. Additionally, most employees work from home, making the job optimal if you are a working mom or just want to be at home more. However, the company offers no paid maternity leave.