Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at PR Newswire to join us.

Paperless Post Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Leadership is young and while they are mostly female none of them have families so empathy for maternity leave and family issues can be low at times. Recently bumped up mat leave to 11 weeks and started offering incidental caregiver leave.

LiveOnNY Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is not an environment where women really help other women. I actually think it's somewhat competitive and some of the women are downright nasty. Unfortunately, that includes the VP of HR and the CEO.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

They can be flexible and my boss talks a good game but when you need too much flexibility, it's suddenly about "getting you face time".

Maybe. The problem here is that while several women are executives, the current CEO and the last one were women who never had children. They are completely consumed by their careers and don't understand what it's like to have little people who rely on you. My boss falls into this category as well. The amount of attention to work (24/7) that they expect has burned me out in just over 4 years. The other women in administration don't talk about their families. I was told that when my name was tossed out for the position I now have, someone said "But she has 4 children!".

Children's Museum of Manhattan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get everything in writing to cya, it's a great place to network and make relationships with outside partners.

They don't offer maternity/paternity leave

Maybe. If they really wanted to work at a museum, it's a place to do that and then move on.

Axcelis Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Good pay benefits but antiquated business culture regarding flex hours, work from home...

I was actually laid off as part of a workforce reduction during my pregnancy

Publicis Groupe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get a tough skin, find a champion and work on your self promotion hook. Find the humble brag or you will be invisible

Weed out the high school drama, the cliques and the political antics.

Maybe. Depends on the role and who they report too

Mississippi State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no problem working for this employer. Everyone is friendly and approachable.

OpenText Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A man's world

California Certified Organic Farmers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women dominate the company. They are in leadership roles. Lots of young working moms. Very supportive and family friendly.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Maybe. Depends on what your want out of this career field.

Charles River Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Although I felt I was treated equally, there are not many women, especially at the senior levels and in management consulting group.