Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Prodex Inc to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

38% would recommend

There is a lot of opportunity at 3M and lots of good people. Unfortunately as I have advanced in my career I have increasingly been concerned with the quality of leadership - so much so it has forced me to really re-think my career aspirations and realize why women leave the workforce. Stay here and work with a bunch of assholes or take a less stressful job that allows for time with my kids?

Recently improved this to 12 weeks - long over due - but glad they finally made the change. It took so long because they were concerned if existing employees would be upset - this is telling of the culture.....slow to change, not progressive.

• 5

Level of flexibility depends who you work for - some are ok with flex schedules, others want you available 24x7 and expect you to work on vacation.
Maybe. Yes - if you either do not aspire to be a Director or VP, or if you do aspire to those roles are not deterred by covert sexism or a well established boys club.
Take action when there is a pattern of discrimination.

Eaton Corporation

67%say women are treated fairly
67% would recommend

Work/life balance is promoted here as an option, but so far, every woman I know that has requested it, has been denied.

Honeywell International Inc.

2.6
12%say women are treated fairly
12% would recommend

Lots of opportunities to advance, poor work life balance, company culture not family friendly

Honeywell International Inc.

2.6
12%say women are treated fairly
12% would recommend

Honeywell is a challenging place to work for anyone seeking worklife balance, male or female. The culture and leadership is primarily male, and there are no prevelant diversity networks or efforts to create a flexible work environment.

• 5

Honeywell recently revoked it's remote work policy, denying the opportunity for employees to work from home ever (not even on an occasional basis). This has created challenging and unmanageable situations for many employees who had operated under this model for years. Employees who cannot comply (e.g. they were hired as a remote employee and are hundreds of miles from an approved site) have been terminated. Furthermore, they are investing in tracking and logging who comes into the office, and by certain times. Weekly email and check ins are completed on office attendance. Additionally, Honeywell continually uses practices such as furloughs to manage cost despite an improving stock price which is at an all time high of nearly $120. Honeywell has not offered merit 3 times in the last 5 years and reduced bonus targets at all levels in 2016. Benefits have also retracted year over year and Honeywell no longer offers dental insurance as of 2017, with astronomical deductibles (e.g. $8500 for single employee coverage).

Schott North America

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend

Solid company but there is a glass ceiling that affects senior level positions. There is a focus on a culture change but it wont happy for probably another 7 years. Most leaders are white, male, and german.

November 2016

3m is what you make it. The culture rewards people who carve their own path, so don't expect anyone else to manage your career for you. As a full-time working mother, I think their maternity leave policies (6 weeks, nothing official for dads) are far below average. Flex time is also not standard policy, and must be negotiated individually with your manager (and is often not approved). Most executives are male with stay at home wives, and just don't get the realities of two working parents. For a company that insists on hiring only those with Master's degrees and PhD's in many disciplines (meaning older recruits in prime child bearing years), their policies toward families are woefully antiquated.

No paternity leave here. When you go on unpaid maternity leave, you do not accrue for years of service. So after two kids, my official start date with the company is 4 months later than when I actually began working here.

September 2016

My lab is still male dominated, but the culture is very supportive of women. I see lots of women in leadership positions who are greatly respected by everybody.

give me full time job - I am currently a contractor

38% would recommend

Most deparatments are very flexible. 3M Corporate has a flex policy to help people with their personal lives. I have rarely had to work overimte.

Upper management does not less to the people doing the work or their direct managers. 3M Corporate doesn't allow the 3M HIS division to function autonomously.

WestRock Company

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend

Ask questions about work life balance, hours and flex work opps directly to the person that you will report to. Managers have different policies and then company leaves a lot of these decisions up to the manager - including maternity leave. HR is not very strong and does not offer direct guidance to employees. HR works for the managers not the employees.

Maybe. Matters in department and boss. Policy can differ throughout the company.

Eaton Corporation

67%say women are treated fairly
67% would recommend

They created a pumping room when I was pregnant and would be needing a space other than the bathroom to pump. I work in a mostly male facility, so it had never been requested before.

100% pay for 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section. Runs concurrently with FMLA's allotted 12 weeks (any additional over 6/8 weeks is unpaid).

Facebook