Protective Life Corporation www.protective.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Protective Life Corporation?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Protective Life Corporation to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Zurich

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend
10/9/16, 7:10 AM

In principle the company is really trying to get people to think about flexible hours, but there are many 'dinosaurs' working there that think work life balance means you flex your day 30 min to go to the bank before work and then compensate those 30 min in that same day. It is very outdated..... so it really depends on who you work for. I would suggest you carefully consider who is your line manager before joining. However with so much turnover, you may not have your boss too long.... mine quit before I started :-( and this impacted my experience.

Move faster! Speed of change and implementation are way too slow

Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

2.7
17%say women are treated fairly
17% would recommend
10/6/16, 1:35 AM

There are not many women in high power positions in this company. They appear to have a family-friendly culture but I was punished for hiding my pregnancy for as long as I could, even though it was for personal reasons.

AIA Group Limited

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
9/20/16, 3:17 AM

The company benefits are good compare to other insurance companies in the market

8/25/16, 5:53 PM

Paid parental leave - 10 weeks paid for birth moms, 4 weeks for partners, and allowed to take a total of 6 months off before returning to work. Also provide benefits to help with the cost of adoption.

Prudential Financial, Inc.

83%say women are treated fairly
8/4/16, 4:05 PM

There are many women in leadership and lots of diversity affinity groups.

Maybe. I havent been here long enough to answer that

Prudential Financial, Inc.

83%say women are treated fairly
5/26/16, 4:10 PM

Equality in the work place means that women have to be like men with stay at home wives to advance in the workplace.

Maybe. More like, it depends on the job. Prudential is a great company with many benefits, but from a career standpoint it's still male-biased.

John Hancock

50%say women are treated fairly
5/20/16, 2:33 PM

I only was employed there for little over a year, so I'm not sure where exactly the deficit lies in terms of hiring/promoting women, but as with many financial institutions I'm sure, the top people seem to be men across the board many times and there is a definite "boys club" attitude I've noticed at times and have heard some pretty tacky sexist jokes coming from such people in a seemingly casual/normalized manner. They do have a great women's network internally and they do a lot in the community and join national women's events etc... I believe there are many opportunities for women here despite what I mentioned before, and it does look like they are trying pretty hard to get better in that sense from what I've seen... You just might have to overlook a few things if you notice what I did. In terms of maternity leave, I don't know as I did not need to take advantage of such a benefit. They seem to be stressing the "work/life balance" thing just like every other big company says they do, but I'm not sure how true that is really.

Maybe. It depends on what they are looking for. I wouldn't advise against it from a female perspective necessarily, but I also don't see a reason to go out of my way to highly suggest it from the same standpoint. There's a "Boys Club" attitude I've noticed, but they also have a (seemingly) great women's group/committee/network type thing that even keeps up with national events and attends them etc... They also have a LGBTQ one which is nice.
I would go back for the right position, but I'm not looking very hard to go back because of my personal experience with specific employees I worked alongside, and some from above me.

5/12/16, 4:17 PM

Not many women in senior positions. I've seen many more high profile female executive hires exit the company than men. Very focused on hiring Millennials.

all of the above plus give employees the freedom to do their jobs without micromanagers.

5/7/16, 12:59 PM

Collegial, family oriented environment for the most part. Company says all the right things. But, the executive ranks still a boy's club and navigating the political landscape is challenging

Maybe. Depending on what she is looking for out of working

Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

2.7
17%say women are treated fairly
17% would recommend
4/22/16, 2:01 AM

The company requires long hour s with little to no additional comp.