Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Puppet Labs to join us.

Intelex Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You have to negotiate your salary at every stage, otherwise you'll only get 2%-3% pay increase (inflation adjustment). In order to get a pay raise you have to come up with solid data about how much other companies pay for similar roles. It also works to get a job offer elsewhere and then negotiate based on that.

CEO's wife works part time (3 days a week) as a software developer. She's the only employee allowed to have that kind of flexibility. She is a very forward thinking individual and has progressive views. I hope that her influence on the CEO will only improve the company in the future.

I took 18 months off. This was just before the Ontario laws have changed to allow it. So during my mat leave the official time off was 52 weeks and I was allowed to take additional 6 months off.

United States General Services Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a significant number of women in leadership roles at this agency and plenty of promotion potential- the agency tends to be a bit top heavy in my opinion. From my personal experience I did feel appreciated by my employer and for those that work hard, they do invest in you and give you opportunities to reach your greatest potential.

within the past 7 years GSA has expanded it’s telework program to 4 days a week which has been a huge motivator in getting people to stay at the agency long term. Since the regional headquarters are often located in the central business district the telework policy makes it possible for working moms to move out to the suburbs where housing is not as costly, daycare is not as costly, the school districts are far superior, and crime rates are lower.

Distribute the workload responsibilities more fairly. The salary, while competitive, doesn’t seem fair when not everyone in the agency carriers equal weight. There are some individuals who have “cushy jobs” - very little responsibilities within this agency verses others who are held to a much higher standard, who have the responsibility of spending millions of tax dollars, who are interfacing with clients and high level officials and are given little support to do their jobs. Too many “behind the scenes” jobs and not enough individuals who do the real mission work of the agency. It’s not that there’s a staffing problem, it’s that management isn’t utilizing their workforce efficiently and even years and years of multiple hiring freezes and workforce reduction through attrition hasn’t changed this. Those that excel at their jobs are rewarded with more work and experience burnout.

Hire Heroes USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would tell her that she should expect less pay than her male counterpart, and depending on the office, male chauvinism.

Flexibility has gone down since the CEO left. The interim CEO is gradually taking away all of the flexibility that most of the employees have thrived from for so many years. Morale is completely in the toilet, and more than half of the people in my office are looking for new jobs.

n/a

D'Asign Source, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

ITs a family business and they encourage family as long as it doesn't affect their own.

They are willing to negotiate flexibility as long as they get the best end of the deal.

The company did not offer maternity leave, I had saved all my vacation and personal time to use along with the couple holidays that fell in that time frame.

Goddard School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

there is not enough support from the corporate office for the ownerss

Buffer Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This team is truly like a family and everyone is so understanding of your time and working with young children.

So much flexibility here! I was able to come back early as I felt it was the best timing and really wanted to return to the team.

Entercom Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company offers job sharing to people in sales roles if they are persistent and some have secured 4 day workweeks as part of their negotiation. They provided both job sharers full-time benefits and 60% vacation and sick time for a 3 day workweek until the 2008 recession and then changed their policy to not include benefits and a finite small number of sick/vacation days. The company does a good job promoting women into management positions. It is a smaller radio company and there was an extraordinary amount of turnover for the industry in management at the middle level and top level as well as weak moral and higher than usual employee turnover. I had on average 1 manager each year I worked there. The company seemed visionary at first but did little to encourage professional development and show employees that they cared about their well-being. There was above average employee turnover and poor moral and no real HR department to address issues. They were focused on duplicating a cookie cutter proposal and sales method with every move and proposal scrutinized by one to three managers resulting in a very inefficient, cumbersome way to do business that also showed employees how little they valued their talent and expertise.

Broadcom Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

There are very few women in Sr level technical roles, especially in product and technical marketing. I am unaware of any women in Sr Director, VP or SVP positions. Jokes and banter aimed at women are antiquated and hostile. When I returned from maternity leave, I was ridiculed for my "extended vacation" and asked about my post-pregnancy weight loss goals. It was the worst environment I could have imagined for maternity. Convenient/reasonable breastfeeding locations are not even provided anymore. I would never recommend that a woman join this company and I've worked here for 8 years. I am actively seeking new employment for these and many other reasons.

Rotary international Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Rotary International World Headquarters in Evanston does not offer paid maternity leave and offers no paternity leave. Unpaid FMLA is a total of 12 weeks . The first 6 weeks if you have a vaginal birth, and 8 weeks if you have a c-section of this 12 week period is short term disability. If you pay into the benefit, you receive 66.67% pay during this 6 or 8 week period once sick time is exhausted. If you don't pay into the additional short term disability benefit, the pay during this time is 50%. The short-term disability pay term is deducted from the total 12 weeks unpaid FMLA time. If you have a vaginal birth and receive 6 weeks of short term disability, then you have 6 weeks remaining of unpaid FMLA remaining for the year. You can utilize paid vacation during this time to make up for the lack of pay if you have vacation time available. Flexible work options after birth are also inaccessible to employees in lower levels of the organization.

Georgia Pacific Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

There are many women that work in management and supporting roles. Typically your age is more of a soft spot versus your gender. They only have unpaid maternity leave, government mandated, but it's generally a nice place to work. The company is definitely male-dominated, especially in technical roles, but the culture is SLOWLY changing.