PVS Chemicals Inc.

www.pvschemicals.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at PVS Chemicals Inc. to join us.

Hvantage Technologies Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great Place to work! Boss supports women and girls completely.

CapitalEdge Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Supporting boss and coworkers. A great atmosphere for small business with only 6 employees.

Brabo Payroll Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Of 13 employees 4 are men. Men own the business...women run it!

Unless you are working the office processing payroll and updating customer accounts, the hours are very flexible. Sales here are so much fun and the boss is even better.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Maybe. If you've already had kids or don't plan to, this might be a good fit - the maternity leave is only partial pay for 6 weeks (8 weeks for a C-section) through a disability policy. You can take more time than that, but it will be unpaid.

American Lung Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pay starts way to low. Poor plan or clear path to increase salary. Set unrealistic goals that tie to your salary, and then penalize you by not giving raises based on not reaching goals.

I have not taken maternity leave .... yet

Maybe. Depends on the need of the women seeking work.

St Joseph Hospital Pediatrics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Need to speak up abut breastfeeding and pumping at work. No policy exists, altho individual offices do make some accommodations.

Centro Polifunzionale Don Calabria Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

No respect for your expertise; No trust between people; Full of backstabbers. Men and women are payed equally and treated equally badly. It doesn't matter if you are good at your job, it only matters to them that you obey the boss even at the expense of the clients. The boss shouts at everyone he wants, anytime he wants. It is a dictatorship. Higher level managers never respond when you say hello. If you say hello first, they think you are a lower level employee and they don't respond to you. It's a freakhouse.

IXL Learning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

the company just wasn't very transparent, however it was likely as non-transparaent for women as it was for men.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As with many law firms, there are more men than women at the top levels, and there are many women in the support staff, especially secretaries. This law firm does not have many benefits to employees, and being an insurance firm, you would think it would have the best plans available for employees, but they have high deductibles and only a couple options. I have not taken maternity leave, but I learned that it is 6 weeks. Not fantastic, but something is something I suppose. They also don't have a matching 401k. Staff is generally paid very low, which I think creates low moral and low work ethic. But the environment is pretty relaxed compared to other law firms and although there is a lot of work to be done, people generally have decent work hours. You don't see too many burning the midnight oil.

Deloitte Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

June 2015

I have worked here for a year and while there are lots of women here, many do decide to leave the firm after 3-5 years. Management is dominated by males, which can make it harder for girls to get onto engagement teams. Expect long hours without any notice, and no set long-term schedule.

Maybe. As a Consultant, the hours that I work can be very unpredictable. If you are someone who enjoys working on short term engagements that are more of a sprint than a marathon pace then this is the perfect enviornment for you. If you, like myself, prefer a long-term schedule then I would not recommend this type of environment for you.