PVS Chemicals Inc. www.pvschemicals.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about PVS Chemicals Inc.?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at PVS Chemicals Inc. to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

BASF

4.3
75%say women are treated fairly
75% would recommend
11/13/16, 3:56 AM

If you are male, white and german you ll have a great future there.

Johnson Matthey Inc

100% would not recommend
9/2/16, 9:45 AM

You will be undermined if you have a leadership position.

There is a general lack of respect and ethics in this company culture.

Dow Chemical

2.7
17%say women are treated fairly
67% might recommend
8/27/16, 1:21 PM

If you are in operations you will run into quite a few men who will belittle you in some way. A lot of them are older and see nothing wrong with calling you little pet names or not believing what you say. However a lot of other people take you seriously. A very mixed bag. Also probably has something to do with being in the south. Management can have the same attitude though which can get discouraging.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
Maybe. It depends on which part of the company you work for. Operations is not equal for women

Sensient Technologies

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
6/29/16, 5:35 PM

great place to work, great work life balance, great insurance and leave policy

SABIC

100% might recommend
6/8/16, 1:02 AM

It's a Saudi company that is trying to be global. The men who run the company are intelligent and well-traveled- they *know* how different their corporate culture is to their international employee's. Sharia law prevents women from accepting bubble assignments in KSA. In my opinion, sharia is SABIC glass ceiling and iron curtain.

Maybe. It's not a company for everyone, but if a woman was adventurous, able to work all hours of the day and night, and interested in a 2-3 year stint to pad her resume- SABIC is a good option.

DuPont

2.3
33%say women are treated fairly
33% would recommend
3/31/16, 5:09 PM

There are lots of opportunities for women in this company and lots of examples of women in leadership. Because of the industry, you may still encounter an "old boys club" mentality in some places but I belive this is changing. Benefits could definitely stand to be more family friendly.

Maybe. Before desiring to start a family, I felt DuPont was a great place for women to be - lots of female leaders, a sense of inclusion and diversity. But now that I'm thinking about trying to get pregnant, the mediocre maternity leave stresses me out regularly - 6 weeks paid, 8 week if you have a C-section. My understanding is that they are generally flexible with part time work schedules and I paid time off, but I don't think we can afford either of those options.

Givaudan

100% might recommend
2/11/16, 10:32 PM

I've worked here for 3+ years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in less senior roles. I believe they most are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers.

Maybe. If you can handle the "boys" network

Cabot Corporation

100% would not recommend
2/10/16, 6:05 PM

Very few women in company - only 23% worldwide and <20% in leadership. Maternity leave takes your vacation first. Women frequently interrupted in meetings, especially technical meetings, where she may be the only woman. Women not recognized for technical contributions as frequently as men and very noticeably picked for administrative tasks in groups where there are more junior male options than junior female options. Women have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have been working at the next level prior to promotion. Men selected for rotational R&D program (a great learning/advancement opportunity) - to my knowledge few or no women have been selected. Flex time is good - no one criticized for using it and parental obligations are respected for both sexes. Workplace is generally friendly and comfortable. being ambitious and thoughtfully outspoken are respected in both sexes, so definitely go for the gusto if you chose to work here.

Albemarle Corporation

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
1/21/16, 2:04 PM

When working at this company I saw lots of "informal" accommodations for women with children. They were allowed flexible schedules so that they can get their jobs done but still pick up kids, etc... Also, there is a workout room with yoga and pilates classes - that was a huge hit as well.

DuPont

2.3
33%say women are treated fairly
33% would recommend
1/5/16, 10:06 PM

DuPont has many women and has woman friendly policies, however, the number of women in business leadership ranks continues to trend downward. Management continues to be male dominated, except in support functions, such as HR.