Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Rayonier to join us.

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Go with your gut when it comes to your interview process. If the department feels like they don't respect your time or have excessive turnover - STAY AWAY!

It varies across departments, some departments are very flexible, allowing for flexible time in the office - working from home, etc. Some departments require face time and also do not respect work/life balance.

I had "paid" 12 weeks of maternity leave, in that I used my own PTO to pay myself. It depleted my sick time, which can also be used towards years of service for retirement. You can borrow against yourself for PTO, and then also apply for shared leave (40 hours from people on campus), but unless you have time built up, or are willing to do this you will not be paid.

Putnam County Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Unless you have the connections, there is no room for upward momentum or pay increases.

Cowan, DeBaets, Abrahams & Sheppard LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They don't want to compensate you and want to overwork you at the same time.

Hologic, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very good benefits and company culture, some areas of poor management.

Only about 3 of those weeks were fully paid because I used sick/vacation time. The rest was either a percentage of my pay (short term disability) or unpaid.

PGA Tour Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

The PGA TOUR just enacted 6 weeks of paid maternity. This would be after the 6 weeks of medial leave (6 wks for normal birth, 8 for C section). You would have to use your PTO or get paid at 60% of your pay for the first 6 weeks, but the 2nd 6 weeks are 100% paid.

Ketchum Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Don't

Genscript Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Gender balance is pretty good among all departments, but upper management is predominantly men. Many women have taken 6-12 week maternity leaves or intermittent or month-long family medical leaves to take care of sick children or parents; men have taken shorter (2-4 weeks) parental leaves. There does not seem to be any penalty for it other than the financial hit as there is little paid leave, though HR is helpful with filing for NJ FML and STD leave. Health insurance benefits are pretty good. Gender seems less a potential basis for discrimination in promotions than lack of fluency in Chinese.

Calvin Klein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at Calvin Klein for many years, always in administrative support. Men are in most of the leadership positions. HR holds up the one or two women in upper management as examples of equality. But on the executive floor, the only women are in support roles. Most women never go higher than VP. Any woman applying for a position at this company should know what industry standard compensation is for the position, she will have to negotiate for a better salary than the minimum. Maternity leave is better than some - 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section paid leave, plus up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (per Family Medical Leave Act when I went on maternity leave). If you are a nursing mother and need to pump, the facilities are sub-par. The one available room in the building I worked in was an unfinished closet with barely enough room for a chair and a small table. There are now new offices in a different building and the room available to pump is much nicer with a couch and a window. I do not believe there is more than one, I hope this has been updated. My manager while I was a nursing mother called me into their office to discuss the time I was away from my desk and to remind me that any time I spent pumping breast milk was not personal time, so I shouldn't treat it as such. The benefits are solid and most of the people are professional and pretty wonderful. That being said, it was always my feeling based on numerous incidents that institutionalized sexism was rampant in spite of any women in Manager, Director and VP positions.

Daymon Worldwide Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working for the marketing arm of this company, if you compare it to others in the marketplace, you'll see that the vacation and holidays are subpar comparitively. Additionally, they run completely separate from Daymon Worldwide so while parts of the company get ESOP, other parts don't. There is also a lack of synergy amongst different arms of the company which creates distrust and resentment

Laclede Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

The female CEO is progressive, but women & minorities are under-represented in executive leadership & management positions (most energy companies are still male-dominated). There is a significant wage gap, with some women making 50% of what their male counterparts make. Women are less likely to be chosen as managers, and when they are chosen, are less likely to advance to Directors. In some areas, there may be only one female manager or director, and 4 male directors. There is no excuse for a 1 to 4 ratio in leadership. Talented employees (of both genders) are regularly overlooked, in favor of external hires. There is no true succession planning, no management training, and no formal mentoring what-so-ever. Many salaried employees work 50-60 hour weeks, with little work-life balance. The company is growing rapidly, through acquisitions (Missouri Gas & Electric in 2013, Alabama Gas in 2014) and is now the 5th largest utility in the US. The office environment is crowded, but there are designated lactation rooms and “health” rooms. Healtchare (Anthem Blue Cross) is mediocre. The healthcare reimbursement plan is a nightmare of paperwork and a huge chunk of providers are “out of network” (means you pay 40% of the bill, out of pocket). Human Resources is not particularly responsive and payroll is regularly incorrect (wrong taxes, wrong 401K match, wrong child care withholdings). Fertility care and adoptions are somewhat covered now, and the employer does recognize “domestic partnerships” for beneits. Overall, a C+ employer for ambitious women.