Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Rayonier to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Goddard School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

there is not enough support from the corporate office for the ownerss

Southwest Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

SwRI is going to lose top talent and leadership if they don't update their maternity leave benefits!

Not for Hiring

SiteSpect Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Great company to work for in general. I think there's a pay gap (like most other places). They're mostly supportive across the board with encouraging growth and providing training. Maternity leave could definitely be better. With either MMLA or FMLA STD would kick in so 66% or something.

University Of Bath Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The unbalanced numbers between male and female staff in academic posts can make the working atmosphere a bit heavy and less aware of benefits from contributions from both genders and consequently less aware of the needs like maternity and paternity leave. On the other hand it is flexible and is possible to manage the time and adjust working hours. Efforts are being made with the Athenea SWAN program which takes seriously the University achievements and commitment to gender balance.

Weyerhaeuser Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Hard work

DialAmerica Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked for this company for 3 years. It is a revolving door with no room for advancement for employees. Company continuously states they are working on things and or making improvements which never occur!

Valspar Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very few woman in this chemical company outside of HR and Finance - deemed the "soft areas" the male Chemical Engineers leading the company. Woman who are in the company do well if between the ages of 25 and 40. After 40, woman lose their "ability" to be promoted, unlike the men whose careers really take off in their 40s.

Liberty University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Ask around to find out about the department you are applying to. Ask about average turnover for a hint as to how valuably they treat their employees. Different departments are night and day from one another.

Kirkland & Ellis LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I've been working here for several years, and I have had one child. I feel as if my track changed considerably after I came back from my maternity leave. It is almost as if I make the men uncomfortable, they see me as a "mom" now rather than the tough, focused, "on track" employee that I was (and still am). I worked long hours up until the day I gave birth, and returned to hit the ground running, but I am not sure that I will be able to change the perception. Every other woman that had a baby left my group for a reason. I would like to figure out how to change course, or I suppose I should start looking into other options. That said, I have been able to achieve balance here for now, which is important because I want to be in an involved mom.