Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Reckitt Benckiser to join us.

State of Washington Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

Woman are kept in lower management positions that don't as much decide hiring or discrimination cases rights. They use the women to takedown and the men let them take the blame.

Probation is what they call it if your new and it lasts for up to 6 months to a year. If you need to take sick leave, annual you are not allowed and if you do they will more than likely terminate you even if you have a doctor's note or have medical conditions that you need to seek doctor treatment for. There probably aren't any certified, licensed, active, or registered employee attorneys or union representative or HR professionals available for staff to help you keep your job even if you submitted a reasonable accommodation request due to disabilities they will delay or deny it so you resign and get more disabled. Don't bother requesting an alternative work schedule because they deny those unless your an employee favorite doesn't matter if you have disabilities. There is no real flexibility or ability to telework either they only assign those to friends and family, nepotism, favoritism FTEs.

Unlawfully terminated during the miscarriage maternity sick leave. Most people are not encouraged to communicate with eachother at work or outside of work. Once I had a two page legal paper filled with the names of the FTEs who were willing to file complaints against the State agency for discrimination and retaliation and a so-called prominent attorney firm in Tacoma, and they called the witnesses and intimated them after they told me their legal assistant knew the HR lady at the state agency where I was filing the case against two agencies.

Equal Rights Advocates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Great space for women. But too much leading with emotions and making decisions based on feelings and not business.

Not for Hiring

They are fantastic with the flexible schedule and work/life balance. But, are not good at saying no when it sometimes needs to be said. Pouring too much money into doing favors for staff instead of being consistent across the board and adhering to policy.

Learn how to manage correctly which would allow me to do my job and not others who are inefficient. Acknowledge areas for improvement instead of pretending everything is fine. Lead by great management and not emotion.

The North West Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Have clarity about position and work hard to maintain balance.

Air Methods Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on the division as the manufacturing division has severe problems with promoting women.

CUNA Mutual Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Expect office place bullies. Most are women in management. Most positions are stressful but the hours are flexible.

Flexibility is the main reason people give for staying.

United States Army Reserve Legal Command Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great place to work, but don't expect any written policies that are family friendly. NO telework is allowed, work hour are outlined in policy, but one does have the flexibility to either break the rules as needed or have a direct supervisor that allows for exceptions

Zero flexibility on a policy level, each director can grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis

It was formerly only 45 days of paid leave, max 8 weeks if you had a C-section. The policy changed in 2015 to 12 weeks paid maternity leave to all women serving in the Armed Services.

Crescent Carpet Importers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't do it, this is an awful man centric place.

They were sold, I'm unemployed.

Bernard Financial Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared for the REAL Experience at BFG...the president, Dennis Bernard is at best a terrible example of how to treat your employees, and at worst should be turned in for sexual harassment.  He has no problem crushing the morale of those who work for him.  As a new employee I asked a co-worker if she thought he liked me, and her response was: has he made you cry yet?  Soon enough he did, and the constant public criticism, scolding and browbeating of people created a horrible work environment.  He would blow up at anyone for the smallest clerical error, or mistake that had zero lasting consequences.  He was very clear that he need not be nice or good looking because he's rich.  He made sexual comments on a daily basis, disgusting jokes, sexual stories, and if you didn't find it funny, you would be ignored then berated for "something".  No one should have to endure such treatment, and unfortunately several people still do.  I would not recommend working for him to my worst enemy, that is not to say the company as a whole is terrible, it simply is for those who work directly for him.

Trimedx Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of overtime and cultish

Los Alamos National Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

At the most senior levels, there are fewer women. There has never been a female Director/President or VP-level equivalent. As far as I know there has only been one female deputy director but that role is largely placed solely by the LLC company and not necessarily the lab. Politics can be horrendous and I saw many people (women and men) get brought down by it, rightly or wrongly. Although it seemed to be pretty equal opportunity and not specific to sex/gender. There are pockets where women are staunch advocates of others and support, mentor, and guide them and others where they seem to try to bring them down. Some high level managers do have reputations for being pervy, lecherous, and downright inappropriate with female staff. From what I could tell it was very widely known in certain circles (a quick Google search and you can find a couple of very specific ones). I don't think this is all that different from any other comparably-sized company though. All in all, I was in a male dominated area and never once felt my gender put me at a disadvantage. The environment itself requires thick skin but not at all based on any sort of gender bias that I noticed in my several years working here.