Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Reynolds American Inc. to join us.

Fairygodboss Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

This is the 6th company I've worked at, and it is truly my favorite company I've ever been a part of. The environment is fast paced and challenging as it's a growing startup, but I feel empowered to be successful here under the ambitious, thoughtful leadership, and in an innovative, open, collaborative, and supportive environment. I am expected to work hard and deliver results, but also encouraged to share my opinions, to take risks, and to never feel afraid to ask for help. (Often people are offering to help before I even have to ask!) I'm surrounded by top talent in a variety of roles, and that raises the game for all of us to learn more and perform at a higher level, and take on opportunities to grow our skill sets. This is one of the rare times in my career I have reported to female leadership, and it is refreshing being mentored by professionals who strive to be the best in the careers and in their lives, and who work to create a respectful workplace that sees work life balance as integral to being successful. I've never been able to say this about a company I've worked at before, but I feel like every single person here (woman or man) truly cares about our mission, our product, our customers, and each other, and I feel valued here as a professional and as a human being.

You have the flexibility and support to manage your life and whatever that entails - the focus is on results, not adhering to a schedule for the sake of having a schedule.

Neuberger Berman Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Overall very positive culture and relatively flat organization. Leadership is willing and often solicites feedback on a wide range of subjects. Discussions with HR are currently taking place on increasing primary and non-primary caregiver leave - fingers crossed this is approved and launched soon, as currently policies are a bit behind. There are also several wellness initiatives and plenty of awesome benefits that balance this out however (ex: new mothers rooms, meditation / prayer rooms, wellness rooms, yoga and pilates classes at the office, meditation sessions, several discount partnerships with surrounding retailers, college coach and women's leadership seminars etc....)

Smart Circle International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Dressing to impress is important during the interview process and after being hired on. Looking your best (ironed/clean, professional-looking attire, make-up, brushed/washed/styled hair, dress shoes) is VERY important to them and will definitely be a factor in whether or not you are hired. The same goes for the males there, though (brushed/washed/styled hair, clean/ironed suit, tie, dress shoes, belt).

Long hours, unpredictable schedule. Not ideal for parents. Ideal for college students, high school graduates, intern-wanna-be's, and college graduates looking for a career in marketing and/or sales.

County of Imperial, California Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You are not valued for your intelligence. Only looks get you noticed and promoted

Chopper Trading LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company was bought out.

CARAS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No paid maternity leave, long hours expected, work weekends, low pay Great people, interesting work

The Fertilizer Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are not many women in leadership roles and very little diversity. The fertilizer industry as a whole is very white male dominated. Mid-level women don't seem to advance. Management is male-dominated. Maternity is generous, but I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

Union Pacific Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly but the company culture still reflects the mentality of a male dominated, 24/7 workforce whose leaders advanced due in large part to their spouses raising their families, allowing them to focus on their careers. Although the company is aware of the need to address work/life balance issues for all employees, and has created policies to allow for a more flexible work environment (ex. telecommuting)few employees actually take advantage of these options because the culture is not fully supportive. At a time when other companies are introducing new leave policies to adapt to the needs of a changing workforce, Union Pacific's culture remains largely unchanged. Leave policies aside, the company does offer a pension plan in addition to the 401k plan (with company match). The pension benefit is sometimes overlooked by applicants who do not understand the benefit or whose goals are not to establish a long-term career but to work for different employers throughout their career. Overall, pay and benefits are competitive with other large employers.

Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

n/a

Walkabout Collaborative Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

As a start-up I would have told myself to double the amount of savings reserved before generating income from the business. Other women should know that we are building a company to help people build the professional lives they want.