Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Ryanair to join us.

T. Marzetti Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2018

No upward movement and all of the stong ethnic women leaders were driven out.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

More sensitivity training for male leadership

Vanguard University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

The flexibility for women at Vanguard seems to depend on one's direct supervisor and the position held. Overall Vanguard is a nice place to work. Make sure to negotiate a strong salary for entry, as promotions are minimal once within the organization.

The Honest Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Honest is a great place for women in general, but I'd like to see more women in high-level leadership roles.

Saint Martin's University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very difficult organization to work for. Make sure your role specifically, compensation, and benefits are worth the stress that you will indeed face.

PayPal Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

Because PayPal is a multi-national company with offices throughout the US, the culture here accepts a lot of calls without being present in the office. This is good for working moms but can be challenging when it's better to connect live. I have been able to craft a schedule that protects my dinner and bedtime routine with my children but can't say whether that extends outside of legal. I do find myself on calls with APAC at night and EMEA in the morning so find out the expectations before you sign on. For me, I just schedule them around my time with my family. So that means APAC calls at 9 pm, but uninterrupted family time from 5:30-8:30. Good dedicated breastmilk pumping rooms.

Palantir Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I came to Palantir as a brand new mother and was blown away by the benefits, general culture, and flexibility with work schedules (especially compared to what I was used to at the US Government). They care about whether my work gets done and the quality, but don't really index on what hours I'm actually putting in at the office. It's ok to work from home when I need to, and I choose to do a lot of work after my son is asleep so that I can spend some quality time with him in the afternoons. The company grew really quickly and they're still catching up on a few things (expanding mother's rooms, etc), but they've always been open to and immediately actioned constructive feedback when I've provided it, and it's really nice to know they take seriously the things that matter to their employees. We have some (but not a ton) of women in leadership positions, but I think the disparity is more closely linked to the fact that there aren't a ton of women in the tech industry. Bottom line: Things aren't perfect, but they've done a ton for families, are open to feedback, and are totally supportive of making meaningful changes.

The parental leave packages here are awesome. Primary caregiver gets 16 weeks paid leave, secondary gets 4 weeks paid leave, and new parents get a "baby bonus" when your child is born to help out with the upcoming costs.

Apptentive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Apptentive is a great environment to work in, regardless of gender. Like most tech companies, we have a hard time recruiting enough women to balance out the ratio. However, our leadership team is committed to hiring with diversity in mind, which is really refreshing to see. I would recommend the company to anyone who is interested in the Seattle startup scene.

NASDAQ Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 5 years. It is a male dominated environment with very few women in leadership roles especially at the mid level. In general, I believe women are treated fairly although Career Advancement is tough. Regarding work/life balance, some parents have been able to work from home 2 days a week. The company is slowly getting better at this. Paid maternity is available 10-12 weeks. A 2 week paid paternity leave is available as well.

NERC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are different maternity policies between the Atlanta (6-8 weeks STD 60% pay, remainder unpaid, with total 12 weeks protected with FMLA) and DC office (all the same but with 16 weeks protected under DCFMLA). Policies differ widely depending on department. It has tried to tout its work life balance but management insists on scheduling mandatory meetings at 8:30 am or 4:30 pm even though there are core hours (10-4). A lot of management still likes sending emails in the evening and weekends and expects an answer. There is a limit on roll-over for PTO and no saving for sick time so you cannot augment maternity/paternity leave. There is no paternity leave at all. Unless you go off-grid for PTO you'll still get requests and calls for non-urgent matters. Many employees are confused by how to use the shared calendars and do not check for conflicts. "Bonding" events tend to be happy hours and not family-friendly.

Noevir Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is stuck in a cultural time warp. Because the parent company is based in Japan, everything is ultimately run from overseas. Top executives are installed by and relocated from Japan. However, no one in an executive position understands the U.S. market and how it must be approached differently than the Japanese market.