Salt Lake Community College

www.slcc.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Salt Lake Community College to join us.

Association for Jewish Studies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

small office, new ED, not sure about management style as I was let go and position eliminated one month after he started.

Computershare United States Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Do not go there. it is a very hostile environment to women and is completely demoralizing, especially from the top down.

Have consequences for behavior inconsistent with their code of conduct towards men who act out towards women, and who barely skirt the letter of the code.

Beacon Health Options, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

They are not family friendly. While there are lots of women in leadership positions, there is very little flexibility from my department head (a man) in terms of work hours, remote working, or schedule shifting for family related emergencies. Or if there is you are retaliated against for using it. It's discriminatory. To make it worse myet supervisor (female) commits feminist crime by not supporting her female employees and being out for herself.

All paid leave was PTO or short term disability, not actual company paidoes leave. Had I not had PTO and elected to enroll in the short term disability benefit it would have all been unpaid

I select multiple options....work life balance and improve family leave (from nonexistent existent to existent!)

Specific Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't expect to be listened to in meetings. If you behave like the men do, you'll get reprimanded for it. Women in sales got treated like bits of 'stuff'

Deal with sexism in the workplace

Galderma Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Certainly still an "old boys club" pharma attitude, luckily changing in the right direction. In order to be in leadership, huge personal sacrifices must be made. Little to no female leadership in upper echelon.

Maternity leave changed after I returned from leave. Now 6 months, 4 paid - but must stay with company for one year after.

Fluor Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While flex hours are offered, and laptops available, working from home is not encouraged and looked down upon. I've worked for the company for 2 years and there really are a lot of great women working here but management is male-dominated. My department is very supportive of women and young engineers in general - but we seem to be the exception. In recent years that has been a great push for hiring female engineers out of college so there is a large young workforce. Field experience is the unspoken rule for advancement, but there is not a lot of support for women once they get to the field. Women network mostly by volunteering to organize office events and socials. Established women's organization strongly supported by upper management, though they have low turnout.

Corning Incorporated Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very diverse (women & minorities) company at its major research center. However, recently took a step backwards with maternity leave policy, going from 6-8 weeks of paid disability and up to 26 weeks of unpaid leave to the same paid disability but with only the FMLA minimum of 12. Has very helpful lactation programs for non-traveling moms. Still gender segregated at highest levels, but there does not appear to be a gender bias for promotions/pay scale.

United States Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 16 months as a junior staffer. Although I received constant praise for going above and beyond my responsibilities, I was not publicly acknowledged for having done so an, more importantly, not given a bonus for the first 12 months. Under appreciation of junior staff was not limited to women, though. From a woman's perspective, the organization has very few women in senior management positions. Because of grant applications, I was able to know individuals' salaries and learned that women make significantly less than their male counterparts at the organization. Pay and incentives seem arbitrary - based more on personal connections or forcefulness rather than an employee's performance. This has likely affected women disproportionately as women tend not to ask (or demand) the same compensation as men. I did take maternity leave and found that I was lucky to have 6 weeks of paid short term disability for a vaginal delivery (8 weeks for Cesarean, only open to mothers who get medical note from their OBGYN) followed by 2 weeks for "baby bonding time" (open to fathers and adoptive parents as well). I realize this is "generous" for the United States, but the HR handling of my leave was less than satisfactory. The policy was not clear -- it is an amalgamation of several policies, nothing specifically written for maternity leave -- and the HR personnel was not careful when explaining my benefits to me.

Publix Super Markets, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

if you are a female wanting full time the only departments that might give it to you would be deli or bakery departments the rest you would have to be a man. I have been fighting for 7 years to get full time.

The Hershey Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

I've worked here for three years. There are many women in senior roles throughout the organization. People are so nice. In general, treatment is fair and policies are flexible for women with families even though hours are long. Also most male directors and above have stay-at-home spouses, and average paternity leave is 1-2 days. If you are not a straight married woman, strong caution. While you will find a great community of associate-level unmarried women, higherups may view you as "less mature" and will definitely question your commitment to the organization and living in Central PA. For LGBT women, just be aware, there are very,very few role models within the organization.