SLCC is a good place for a working woman who does not have a super strong desire to move up. Those with the desire better be ready to work hard to make upward moves happen - the job usually goes to a man without him having to jump through the application hoops.

My employer sets the work hours and there is generally NO flexibility here. However, if you are a favorite then you can do basically anything you want. I have seen policies blatantly broken and nothing happens if you are a favorite. I began taking public transportation as soon as my employer offered it for free. I have a daily hour commute each way, and sometimes more than an hour. I decided to take advantage of the public system - was a few minutes late and left a few minutes early. I got a rather strong email citing the policies. I responded saying I was glad to follow them as long as they were administered equitably. I never got a response and the others are still breaking the rules. Nice, right?

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. There are many good benefits working for Higher Education, one being education is free or almost free for the employee and their family. However, inequalities DO exist here. This is a good place for women who just want to work and not move up.