Employee reviews at Salt Lake Community College

Salt Lake Community College

"SLCC is a good place for a working woman who does not have a super strong desire to move up. Those with the desire better be ready to work hard to make upward moves happen - the job usually goes to a man without him having to jump through the application hoops."
One thing Salt Lake Community College can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"My employer sets the work hours and there is generally NO flexibility here. However, if you are a favorite then you can do basically anything you want. I have seen policies blatantly broken and nothing happens if you are a favorite. I began taking public transportation as soon as my employer offered it for free. I have a daily hour commute each way, and sometimes more than an hour. I decided to take advantage of the public system - was a few minutes late and left a few minutes early. I got a rather strong email citing the policies. I responded saying I was glad to follow them as long as they were administered equitably. I never got a response and the others are still breaking the rules. Nice, right?"
Would you recommend Salt Lake Community College to other women?
"There are many good benefits working for Higher Education, one being education is free or almost free for the employee and their family. However, inequalities DO exist here. This is a good place for women who just want to work and not move up."