Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Schlemmer to join us.

Temple University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.4

The overall administration of the university does not adequately recognize, compensate, or support the tremendous contributions of administrative staff, the majority of whom are women. This is particularly true in student affairs roles such as advising. There can be great comradery within departments and colleges, but overall TU leadership has a very hierarchical attitude toward staff and does not seem to grasp the importance of administrative staff who support students and keep the university running on a day-to-day basis. This is apparent in the lack of adequate compensation, scattershot promotion system, and the lack of real development opportunities for many of us.

For women in administrative positions, it can be very difficult to negotiate flex-time for child pick-up, etc. I am fortunate to have a great manager who has worked out an unofficial arrangement with me, but some of my colleagues in other departments have had great difficulty with this. There have been occasions when one of my children was sick and I wish I could have worked from home instead of taking sick time. My children are older and this arrangement would work fine. Unfortunately, this is not permitted, and I end up not having very much sick time left for myself and this can be exhausting. I wish Temple would allow staff to work remotely in situations like this.

American Type Culture Collection Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

On the surface everything seems great but after a while you will begin to see the grimey, thinly veiled under belly of this company. It's present in scenes like the all company meetings when the cast of the executive leadership team is all men +1 woman, +1 HR rep which is a woman (all of HR are women at this company- maybe its the misconception of sensitivity from women or the HR college training programs are filled with women and that portion of the system is broken. Either way it's no bueno.)

CorePower Yoga Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

A challenging environment with a lot of gossip and unmanageable physical expectations. Although the teachers I worked with, I have since left, were kind they were very caught.

Wegmans Food Market Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great place to work for full timers. No benefits for part timers as it's difficult to get 30 hours per week!

Penji Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Yes, as long as she is prepared to work at an early-stage startup. There's lots of time and location flexibility, but you're also expected to work fast and learn fast. The other people in the company are young men, so they may not prioritize maternity leave and other benefits.

This is a startup, so the company hierarchy is flat and egalitarian. The compensation is not much currently, and I would like to see that improve.

Princeton University Press Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for a year and a half, and I would say that women and men are treated equally, although there are more men in leadership roles. There's no maternity leave policy, and no mentorship from either male or female higher ups. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty solid place to work.

Texas Parks And Wildlife Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Executive level positions are predominantly held by women here. Everyone - female or male - has input in decision making.

Aaronson, Rapaport, Feinstein & Deutsch LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

i have been at the firm for nearly 4 years. I think they are a little shortsighted about the future. The (all male) equity partners are more concerned with protecting their bonuses than developing a firm and leaving a legacy. Although the managing partner is a woman, she does not have significant power as compared to the equity partners.

Capella University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 8 years and have found that there are a lot of women working her. This includes all levels of the company. While there are definitely more men on the executive leadership level, there are a number of women as well. On the supervisor level I have seen a large number of women although recently, I've seen a slight shift in more men on that level. Since acquiring a male supervisor I have noticed more men being hired as my colleagues (not sure if there is a connection or not). Maternity leave is fair, although has become a little more generous recently.

Wipro Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

Your band (or level) is key to how you can expect to be treated. Too low - don't expect much. Being billable is crucial - be non-billable too long expect a form email to arrive giving you 3 weeks to find a position with a client or you are gone - out of a job. (You might be saved if your skills are unique.) Oh and don't expect any help from Wipro either if that happens - no severance. Senior management is dominated by men from India in every single country they are located. I never met a senior female executive (very, very few) who wasn't from India. Mid-management - yes there are women from other countries. I have no idea if pay is equal between men and women. I would tell any friend of mine to run in the opposite direction if they were considering working there. But maybe you would have better luck.