Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at SCOR to join us.

Arbor Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You should fight for yourself and your salary prior to being hired.

Proterra Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

At a small company, you have the abiltiy to have a large impact on the product. Also, the peer relationships at this company were some of the best I have ever had. There was a lot of respect for each other.

There was no paternity leave. Maternity leave was minimal.

W.W. Norton & Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is still run by a very traditional core group who want employees to be on site, 9-5, and who give lip service to valuing family without backing it up with support systems. "Employee owned" sounds great but is misleading; there is a board of directors and top group of editors who make all decisions. There is little transparency and few channels for input from the average mid-level employee. The maternity leave policy is definitely better than many other companies have; however the policies that follow-- once you have a family and want to find work/life balance and negotiate for flextime or working at home-- are frustratingly vague and dependent upon the whims of individual managers. Company policy is vague and applied inconsistently to various employee situations, so advocating for oneself based on policy is a bit like standing on quicksand. That said, some departments and groups within the company are wonderful, and as a female employee you can really thrive. However it's contingent upon one's manager and upon politics. Overall, a very old-school environment.

6 months unpaid leave is offered; new policy offers 6 weeks paid + 1 week additional pay for years employed at the company (up to a cap). Up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave is offered.

Community Health Systems Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Great policy on schedules, flextime and pto. Great environment. Best place ive worked.

King Soopers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for six months (at two different stores, to be fair) and had to quit. The job as a florist was rather enjoyable, not too many rude customers and coworkers were respectful. Management was abysmal. I scheduled an OB-GYN appointment and requested the day off, a month in advance, only putting "doctor appointment" for the reason. My manager told me I couldn't have the day off, because someone who worked there longer could need it off. (not kidding, verbatim) I told her I really needed to go see a doctor and she kept asking "why,why,why" so I told her it was a minor surgical procedure with my OB-GYN. she said to ask the store manager. The store manager (who was male) absolutely insisted on knowing exactly what procedure I was having done(imagine explaining to a male boss that you need an IUD removed) and then tried to schedule me around it. Since I wasn't sure if I needed to be dilated again to take it out, I told him I needed the full day off. The second time (at a different store) I had requested christmas week off to go visit my family. I requested time off TWO months this time, just to be sure. Less than a week before I was supposed to leave, the store manager told me I couldn't have the time off. I explained I had already purchased the bus ticket and had requested the time off two months ago. She told me I couldn't go and shrugged when I told her about the ticket. I put in my two weeks notice the same day. It wasn't a bad company to work for If you don't plan on having a social life or seeing a doctor for 5 years until you make it to seniority in the Union.

National Institute for Trial Advocacy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a great company to work for unless you are planning to start or expand your family. There is an unreasonable expectation when it comes to time commitment and work/home balance.

Computer Sciences Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I see a good mix of men and women in all types of roles, which is impressive since this is IT. I know that maternity leave is non-existent, and the company doesn't give regular raises or bonuses is most cases, so there are definitely reasons to consider a company with better long-term benefits in that way. The health plan selections are actually pretty good, you can choose from 4 providers and 5 or so tiers of coverage, depending on your budget and/or needs. I have experienced only minor sexism, in the form of condescension and maybe unwanted flirting, but never from management. Most of my coworkers consider this job a paycheck until a better offer comes along, since the company doesn't seem to care much about talent retention.

URS Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They eliminated my job while I was on maternity leave -- called me the week before I was due back to tell me I was laid-off. I wasn't covered under FMLA but the Pregnancy Discrimination Act applied so I got a lawyer, sued, and they eventually settled for double my annual salary. As a result they have changed the information and processes for dealing with women on maternity leave so I hope it has improved.

Vodafone Group PLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I interviewed here - interview process was very challenging

University of Pennsylvania Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

February 2015

I came here when my first child was about 18 months, and did not leave to have another for five years. As higher education institutions go, and my particular office, the bar is pretty high for productivity, ingenuity and stress, which I think contributed to our delayed growth of our family.