Scottsdale Insurance Company https://www.scottsdaleins.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Scottsdale Insurance Company?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Scottsdale Insurance Company to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend

Very family friendly depending on management you are reporting to

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

First American

100% would not recommend

Be prepared to work without much appreciation & to be stressed every day of the week. I was told that they don't advance internal employees but instead choose to hire from the outside.

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

Worked in a local office & although the hours were 8:30-5 the underlying expectation was that we'd work until wee hours (some people worked (4am-5pm) to keep ahead. There was also an underlying stigma against anyone who left the office for lunch or who to

46% would recommend

If you like the feeling of being comfortable, then this is the place for you. Theres no room to think outside the box.

46% would recommend

Great pay, great maternity leave & flexibility when needed. Growth within

46% would recommend

I have heard that certain departments operated more like a good ol' boys' club, while in contrast my department consisted mostly of women. Again, it is such a large company that your experience will depend largely on your team / department.

Maybe. It depends on your goals, and it depends on the location / team you're on. I've seen women represented well at all levels of management. Many women I worked with have been with the company for their entire careers, and it seemed family-friendly. You can rise quickly within the ranks if you fit well with the culture, are willing to move all over the country, and you become one of the "favorites" - otherwise, it's an okay place to work for a while and then move on. Starting out, the pay is noticeably lower than equivalent positions at competing companies, but this may improve over time/ with promotions if you're willing to play the long game. The "tipping point" seemed to be 5 years, after which point most people choose to stay for the rest of their careers.
I did not feel that I fit in with the culture, so I pursued other opportunities. I am not sure they could have done anything about that.

Geico

65%say women are treated fairly
39% would recommend

Get ready to rumble, it is a challenge, dont give up.

Allstate Insurance Group

3.2
85%say women are treated fairly
69% would recommend
December 2016

Allstate is a great company for women looking for a work/life balance. They have great benefits, a decent maternity leave policy, and had several women in executive roles willing to be mentors and role models. If you are looking for advancing your career as a women, it may be difficult to do here. There was a big gap between early level leaders and Directors, with the Manager/Sr Manager stepping stone role almost completely eliminated in my department, and most other senior roles in other areas were held by while men. Unfortunately it was very hard to see a long-term career here, even though the culture and people were fantastic.

Horace Mann Educators Corporation

50% would recommend
December 2016

Horace Mann is a great place to work. There is never a perfect employer, even if you become your own boss. We now have a female CEO who has done incredible things for our company and has moved us closer to a 21st century innovative organization. The people are a great to work with and if your a hard worker you will be noticed.

Better utilize their talent. Invest more in management and leadership, discover their strengths, talents, skills and abilities and put them to use. Encourage innovation and sponsorship, especially in the field for women, and follow-thru with projects and ideas.

FM Global

50% would recommend
November 2016

Very hierarchical. Grade and title matter so negotiate for that hard!

Treat women with same level of respect as men.

November 2016

Networking and relationships are the to key to advancement within a department and movement into others. Insurance education is a must. Personal development is important but is limited to those who are successful in their current role and have been identified as high potential. Having strong relationships and likability will create opportunities faster that exceeding expectations. One needs only to meet the basic expectations in their current role and demonstrate the desire and ability to do more to receive opportunities. Mobility is essential for advancement.

Recent changes to time off policies are attractive to newer employees. More tenured employees may feel like they've lost some benefits, Howeer, the new policies reduce abuse of the system,ultimately saving the company and the customer money,

Facebook