Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Seamar to join us.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Puma Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great for mom's, very flexible on start time/leaving early for day care pick ups.

It was just improved to 4 months... Puma is owned by Kering and Kering updated the policy across all brands. Just google it.

There was not a lot of room for upward movement, people stay in the same roles for a long time.

City of Santa Monica, California Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think the culture can vary a lot depending on your supervisor. My supervisor is a proponent of professional development so I've been able to attend some excellent trainings and schools, as well as work on projects that have really challenged me and helped me to grow. With regard to family, my supervisors have all been very supportive of work life balance, so I've had a very positive experience since my first child was born. However, in some areas there is not as much flexibility due to city policy - for example, no paid maternity leave and no official policy for working remotely. With unpaid maternity leave, you end up having to pay cobras for your health insurance and your anniversary date with the City changes she which affects future retirement and pension benefits. Also, childcare options within the city are limited. The city only has one daycare partner that gives city employees priority on the waiting list (no discount though - and it's expensive, upwards of $2000/month for an infant). The school is great, but I was on the waiting list at 12 weeks pregnant for my first child and we did not get off of the waitlist until my child was 7 months old, leaving a 3 month gap between the end of my maternity leave and our daycare start date. Finally, without an official city policy re: working remotely your opportunites there can vary across departments and leadership's willingness to ok that option. In sum, there is definitely room for improvement and some changes I'd like to see, but great overall work culture and experience.

Ganado Unified School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of your coworkers will be women, but they do not go "above and beyond" for anyone. There is no daycare of any kind in the area.

It's a teaching job,so as with any job teaching, flexibility is naturally limited.

Paternity leave is non-existent. Maternity leave is the standard 12 weeks unpaid FMLA. If you've earned enough paid leave, you may use that to continue receiving paychecks.

Improve childcare amenities for non-native teachers.

Echo Design Group Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

not good with work-life balance because a lot of late hours

Samsung Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits! Health, time off, and pay is above average

University of Colorado Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Little to no paid maternity leave- just using sick and vacation time. There are lactation rooms available on campus that were recently updated. I never have to work late or on weekends. The on-site daycare is awesome, but extremely hard to get a spot. I felt pressured to minimize my maternity leave and HR mishandled it horribly. I was able to nurse my son at lunch every day for a full year due to the on-site daycare. I don't feel very respected.

Live Axle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Male dominated, no policy for maternity leave

Bronson Methodist Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

McMaster-Carr Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

No control over career progression, old school male dominated leadership, the employees in the warehouse are older men who constantly ask when you will have children and assure you that you too will leave the workforce to stay home with kids when you do since that is what their wives did.