Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Security Benefit to join us.

InformedDNA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

I feel appreciated at InformedDNA, as an employee and a person. My accomplishments are recognized and the skills that I bring to my position are valued. It makes me want to work hard for this company and I enjoy being a part of the InformedDNA family.

Cepheid Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Please learn about what division and department you are joining. Some departments are very good at hiring and managing diversity. Several departments are very poor (marketing and sales for example).

Hocking Athens Perry Community Action Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Bullying and harassment in abundance! Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Glouster, Ohio – March 11, 2018 I worked at hapcap for 2 years. At the onset of my employment I thought I had hit the jackpot of all bosses! He was attentive and engaged. That lasted about 4 months when his advances were not returned and I was dropped like a bad habit and left to train myself. I did both his job and mine for 6 months and was promoted to the next level. Within 6 months of my promotion my manager retaliated against my refusal to reschedule a meeting with a poor performance review that completely ignored my work and solely focused on his disappoinmment with the meeting. I then complained to the agency director with a 90 page complaint detailing his bullying and harassment and my boss calmed down ... For a few months... Until another event triggered him in Dec 2017 and this was the announcement of the new executive director, who just weeks after being announced mysteriously resigned. I could go on and on about the injustices employees are forced to endure at this agency but I'm sure you get the point. Besides having to work with man babies and just downright miserable people, the pay is dismal ( for most) while a couple people receive close to if not more than $100,000/year. This was my first non-profit experience and I believe there's more corruption in this agency than anything. I voluntarily resigned bc I couldn't take the harassment and bullying anylonger. My boss responded to my notice of resignation with "congratulations!". He hated his job and was very verbally abusive to staff and made no secret of his disgruntled opinion of other directors, their salaries and anything else so long as someone was listening. Towards the end of my employment my boss began monitoring my office affiliations and concocted a paranoid idea that me and others were conspiring against him. I again complained about my bosses lack of involvement and his monitoring my office affiliations and was dismissed as having a "personality conflict." Well that was just a bunch of BS b/c the executive director is retiring this June and did not want to deal with his director, which btw has worked at hapcap for almost 13 years and has been able to get away with this behavior for the duration. I had been awarded 1.7million in grants and brought $128k in admin fees into the agency whereas my boss did not get a 1.25 million dollar grant funded which jeopardized his employees employment. My boss was very lazy and did as little as possible. Just an awful, awful experience. Further, unless ur hired in at the very bottom, there are very few opportunities for advancement. If you have any ambition whatsoever and want to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, look elsewhere. No sooner than they hire you they will be looking for reasons to get rid of you. The agency has a lot of internal conflict and most people do not get along. Directors use their perceived "power" to intimidate, bully and harass the people that work for them on the front lines. I have a BS from The Ohio State University and 2 semesters in on my masters of public administration at OHIO Univeristy. I wouldn't recommend working here unless on a temporary assignment or you are desperate!

LearnZillion Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Men are given more forgiveness when they make mistakes at this company. Women are held to a higher standard.

The engineering department is very flexible. The other departments are not.

BrightEdge Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

The ratio of men to women in leadership roles at BrightEdge is skewed towards men. There isn't a clear path for women to get promoted. There is only 1 woman on the Executive Team. There are also very few working moms.

The CEO does not believe in being flexible when there is a need to WFH. There is not much work/life balance because they operate very lean.

Red Shoe Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We're a team that's a lot like a family. We work hard but don't take ourselves too seriously and always chip in to help

Arthur D. Little Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a great place to work. Women and men are treated equally. Yet, Arthur D. Little needs to have more women to create more gender balance.

Pennsylvania Cable Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I left because of serious sexual harassment from the president of the company. It wasn't an isolated incident; the culture allowed lewd sexual comments specifically directed to me and other female employees to go unaddressed for years. When women raised complaints about verbal harassment, they were told to dress more plainly and "man up and deal with it."

Genesee & Wyoming Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for several years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse.

Starwood Hotels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

May 2015

There are very few women in senior executive roles in this company - none on the senior leadership team.