Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Senseonics, Inc. to join us.

Cambia Health Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

I would say that an employees perspective may vary greatly between departments. Always ask for guidance and clarification from the start. Advocate for yourself and respect the experience and skills you bring to the position. Also, if not satisfied within one department, you can always look to transfer to another.

My experience was that the flexibility of the role was completely dependent on the department directors work style. It would of been great to have some corporate guidance that pertained to all staff in some way.

Offer frequent and ongoing evaluations (mentorship, action plans, etc) of role expectations. One huge plus was that the role I was hired for was a newly created position, and I had a lot of room to tailor it to meet customer needs. However, that was also a huge barrier and ultimately led to my resignation because there simply wasn't enough guidance and feedback on expectations. For example, after getting direction from the director, I spent several hours creating an assessment tool to use in the community. The problem was that the director had several people working on creating an assessment tool at the same time. This could have been a productive process for us all had we known ahead of time. It wound up creating unhealthy competition between staff and frustration over so many wasted hours.

District of Columbia Public Library Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

it’s generally a supportive, great place to work. dc government has adopted progressive, family friendly policies, though they could be better.

Depends. libraries are open 7 days a week, and most nights, so there’s some flexibility, but it’s not the best

Jumptastic UK Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great job opportunities for women, same level of respect and opportunities as men.

Washington University School of Medicine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Come in knowing your facts about the position in which you are seeking employment. Know the salary ranges for your job grade, know when and how much of an increase you qualify for, stay connected with HR, and document....document.....document Leave a paper trail for EVERYTHING

City of Santa Monica, California Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think the culture can vary a lot depending on your supervisor. My supervisor is a proponent of professional development so I've been able to attend some excellent trainings and schools, as well as work on projects that have really challenged me and helped me to grow. With regard to family, my supervisors have all been very supportive of work life balance, so I've had a very positive experience since my first child was born. However, in some areas there is not as much flexibility due to city policy - for example, no paid maternity leave and no official policy for working remotely. With unpaid maternity leave, you end up having to pay cobras for your health insurance and your anniversary date with the City changes she which affects future retirement and pension benefits. Also, childcare options within the city are limited. The city only has one daycare partner that gives city employees priority on the waiting list (no discount though - and it's expensive, upwards of $2000/month for an infant). The school is great, but I was on the waiting list at 12 weeks pregnant for my first child and we did not get off of the waitlist until my child was 7 months old, leaving a 3 month gap between the end of my maternity leave and our daycare start date. Finally, without an official city policy re: working remotely your opportunites there can vary across departments and leadership's willingness to ok that option. In sum, there is definitely room for improvement and some changes I'd like to see, but great overall work culture and experience.

Paradigm Medical Communications, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is run by men who are set in their opinions and methodologies. Everyone is friendly, however compensation, benefits, and general functions (that are accepted as the norm--exclusive closed door meetings, lack of communication) are difficult to swallow especially during a busy period.

It seems that the most flexible departments would be CME and Grants, however Editorial and Program Management did not seem to experience the same level of flexibility.

Compass Learning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Basic FMLA policy. There is no paid leave for mom or dad.

JM Lexus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Dealership enviroment, so it's a very men-driven place. Expect to have a male manager and working with mostly men unless you are in Accounting or Marketing.

Claire's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a woman dominated culture here so that is nice for career opportunities (specifically within buying), however there is no flex time, and often cannot keep up with the workload during office hours. I often take work home, work late, come in early.

Rotary international Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Rotary International World Headquarters in Evanston does not offer paid maternity leave and offers no paternity leave. Unpaid FMLA is a total of 12 weeks . The first 6 weeks if you have a vaginal birth, and 8 weeks if you have a c-section of this 12 week period is short term disability. If you pay into the benefit, you receive 66.67% pay during this 6 or 8 week period once sick time is exhausted. If you don't pay into the additional short term disability benefit, the pay during this time is 50%. The short-term disability pay term is deducted from the total 12 weeks unpaid FMLA time. If you have a vaginal birth and receive 6 weeks of short term disability, then you have 6 weeks remaining of unpaid FMLA remaining for the year. You can utilize paid vacation during this time to make up for the lack of pay if you have vacation time available. Flexible work options after birth are also inaccessible to employees in lower levels of the organization.