Editorperson

It is a woman-oriented business with mostly women employees, and I observed zero harassment. Pay is decent for editorial; benefits including mat leave are good. NY-based editors and writers who specialize in repackaging trending items into an editorial voice should be treated okay. But there are a lot of high-level management/strategy concerns resulting in several rounds of layoffs over the past 12 months; sales teams find it difficult to succeed. For a woman-led, avowedly feminist company with mostly women employees, C-level leadership is very overrepresented male (CEO, CTO, CFO). No priority to diversity hiring, which is reflected in a content bias toward white middle class concerns and tokenist treatment of WOC in the office. Current management favors NY-office-based employees over remote employees - more flex in theory than practice.

Not for Hiring
  • 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

Recent changes include more consolidation into the NY office, fewer remote employees.
Benefits are good, pro-woman culture at least in theory, I observed zero harassment. Several rounds of layoffs in the past year, changes of management and direction and uneven leadership mean you'd have to treat this longstanding company as a startup. If you are okay with the brand, live in NYC and flexible about long-term prospects with the company, you should be okay.
I've recently left the company, but what I wished I had seen was a commitment to feminist principles in leadership hiring, diversity hiring and remote management.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review SheKnows for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of SheKnows by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Editorperson