magicmama

Assistant

Sales

It's a boys club but intelligence and hard work are recognized.

Not for Pay, Hiring

Technically I took 3 weeks out of my vacation time to pad my maternity leave

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Depending on the department

If you have tenancity and are ready for a challenge, I think there is plenty of room for growth in this changing organization. The pathway is a bit rough through...no clear paved road so be ready for an uphill climb.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

I've already left. During my tenure as an Account Executive and Sales Director, I saw very few women take part in our male-dominated sales department. In order to be successful (with limitations of course) you had to be "one of the boys". The first year I made President's Club, I was the sole female in a group of 40 or so winners...the only one! That was five years ago and this past year, there were almost 10 women that made club so I know things are improving.

Maybe. I think the telecom space in general is changing and there is room for women that want to push through weakening barriers. Shoretel is undergoing its own transformation and since my departure, I'm starting to see women getting more of the recognition they deserve including promotions to VP levels.