Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Skagen to join us.

AbelsonTaylor Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

While I think the company offers hours that are competitive with other agencies (generally people are in by 9 and out by 5), I don't believe the company does a great job in supporting a family life. Maternity and paternity benefits are minimal, work from home and flex hours are non-existent, and there is a lack of women in leadership roles to update these policies.

The company requires in-office attendance 9-5pm, M-F. There is no work from home or flex hours policy. PTO is limited compared to many agencies and does not carry over. Maternity leave is only covered under FMLA.

Hot Topic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Rights feel very equal at Hot Topic. No gender discrimination.

University Inn Midtown Crossing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They do not like to communicate with employees at all.

Ecom Merchant Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stay away!!!

Not for Hiring

Quite being unethical and a raging narcissist.

Child Enrichment Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for one year. When I started, I was told I should be able to be salaried in three months. When I was eligible, I was told that the schedule changes too much in summer and to wait till fall. In the Fall, I lost a client and went below the required hours. I just recently acquired full time hours again and have now been told I have to keep it for 3 months before qualifying for salary pay and benefits. I have just hit my one year mark, and will no longer have to pay training fees back. I will be looking for a new job. Still no benefits after working at a company for a year is ridiculous.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Center for International Private Enterprise Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This organization does not support women to grow and systematically undervalues and underpays women, offering women lower introductory salaries. Since merit-based increases are capped at 3 percent, this means that across the organization, women are paid significantly less than men for comparable work.

Epic Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I have worked here for more than 9 years and there are many women in a variety of roles. Even though the CEO is a woman, at the top levels it is still a bit of a "bro" culture. FAR less than other places I have worked, but not ideal. After having a child, there is some support (like nursing rooms and the option of coming back part time for 12 weeks) but mostly you are expected to jump back in and be treated like everyone else. I think this is okay, but you should know that is the expectation. A big negative, during your maternity leave they force you to completely drain your sick leave (not PTO) before taking time off unpaid. It left me (and every other mother here since that became the policy) with zero sick days. with a new child that is going to get sick.

Stewart's Shops Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Absolutely loved my team. My manager (also female) was very supportive and always pushed me to succeed. If I hadn't moved out of state, I would have loved to stay with the company and grow professionally with them.

Empire Justice Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I haven't had kids yet but just recently looked into the leave policies. Was surprised to find my company offers only 1 week paid parental leave given that we are a nonprofit that advocates for worker justice.