Employee reviews at SNP Communications

SNP Communications

"SNP Communications is run by a woman who is a wonderful advocate. She's long had a "loose policy" of keeping it as 50/50 gender as possible. Interestingly, I would say the same about this place to a man or a woman - it is relatively gender-neutral. "
One thing SNP Communications can improve?
"I already left!"
Would you recommend SNP Communications to other women?
"The company is going through a lot of changes, so it depends more on the appetite for the type of environment a woman (or man) might have - not on gender however."
"This is a great place to work early in your career to gain skills and build relationships - but at the moment it's not great for work-life balance. That said, talk to the people there. The founder is a proud feminist (which I loved about the place), and is usually open to revisiting policies and the like."
One thing SNP Communications can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"In some ways, SNP is extremely flexible - you could try asking for more leave or return part time for example. But in practice the demands of the job are hard to balance with a personal life. The company "never says no to a customer" and doesn't allow out-of-office auto-replies on email. It's a great group of people, but a very intense environment. "
"They offered to get a changing table in case I wanted to come back early with baby (not for me, but one person there took them up on it). "
Would you recommend SNP Communications to other women?
"Many great things about working here: skill-building, professional development, networking, and a strong female founder. Lots of female leaders, too. Tough work-life balance - a lot of people leave when they start a family, or burn out after a couple of years there. Though you can in theory take 3 months' maternity leave, many employees return early (or in one case took none!), which speaks to a culture that's less family friendly in practice. "