SONIC HEALTHCARE

www.sonichealthcare.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at SONIC HEALTHCARE to join us.

Brad's Deals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

50% of the leadership team is women, 100% paid maternity, lots of work/life balance and flexibility to work remotely. Lots of support to women initiatives in the community.

Set WAH days over the summer and the ability have flex time throughout the year enables me to a present parent and wife and a productive employee.

Plus support for attending doctorr's appointments and the ability to work at home for a short time before the due date.

Tribune Media Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Unless you have in depth knowledge on sports, be ready to be isolated.

They are hesitant to be flexible towards mothers. Even when an agreement is reached there is judgement from other employees, especially men.

Maybe. My specific subset is very biased but I can't speak for the whole company.

Hubbell Incorporated Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Hubbell is very white and very male. Women and POC exist at the individual contributor level, but are very rare in management. The organization chart does not have a single woman in the top tiers.

Occasionally using workplace flexibility is expected, but any kind of repeated use is discouraged and will probably lead to a review of your commitment.

Jackson National Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits and pays pretty well. Work life balance is good depending on what position you are in.

N/A

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Maybe. If you've already had kids or don't plan to, this might be a good fit - the maternity leave is only partial pay for 6 weeks (8 weeks for a C-section) through a disability policy. You can take more time than that, but it will be unpaid.

JeffreyM Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a very wide and short pyramid, to move up takes a lot of politics and time. Pay will not be the same as males who were hired before you.

Eaton Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

They created a pumping room when I was pregnant and would be needing a space other than the bathroom to pump. I work in a mostly male facility, so it had never been requested before.

100% pay for 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section. Runs concurrently with FMLA's allotted 12 weeks (any additional over 6/8 weeks is unpaid).

United States Department Of Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be clear about where you are in your life stage and what office you'll be working for in choosing whether this is a good fit. Each office within the Department has a different culture; some grind hard and expect non-stop hours, others are more balanced. Some are staffed mostly by political appointees and (young) staffers who approach work as a sprint, others have more career staff who take a marathon/long-term approach.

Leave was "paid" but had to use sick or vacation (annual) leave, no separate pool for maternity leave.

Provide additional opportunities to grow into other jobs within the organization. Allow for more part-time and job sharing positions.

Maybe. Depends on the supervisor and office- have experienced discrimination as a woman and parent but have also experienced a supportive environment.

CannonDesign Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for two years and I really like the company for the most part. There is not complete equality in the makeup of the staff, men still outnumber women at least 2 to 1, especially in Engineering, but they seem to make an effort to give women a chance and provide a safe, happy environment. There is a woman on the board and numerous women in high profile positions. Maternity leave is basically just short term disability plus whatever PTO you have saved up, there is no additional maternity paid time offered by the company itself. However, they have been good, at least in my office, about providing space for breastfeeding mothers and making accommodations for new parents. Flex time is sometimes available as is some working from home. Lots of young families and both men and women take time off to spend with their kids.

TPG Capital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

It's a great company but don't think they give out equity fairly. I work for one of the turnaround companies and it's a great environment but think women should be able to get equity as it doesn't seem like it's fairly distributed and it seems like it's all men!

Maybe. Depends on where you are in your career