Southern Wine & Spirits www.southernwine.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Southern Wine & Spirits?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Southern Wine & Spirits to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Ferguson Enterprises Inc

50% would recommend
5/9/16, 10:03 PM

Some positions are very women and family friendly, while others are less so.

Breakthru Beverage

2/12/16, 10:11 PM

I've worked here for 2 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. For maternity leave, I was granted up to 12 weeks under FMLA. My vacation/sick time had to be used for the first 3 weeks of leave (if I didn't have any remaining I would not get paid). Short-term disability then kicked in and paid 100% for the next 2 weeks. Week 6 was 60% and then 0 after that.

Maybe. I like the industry and the people I work with, but not much ...

Ferguson Enterprises Inc

50% would recommend
12/8/15, 1:48 PM

Horribly misogynistic environment. All you need to do is look at the board of directors and see all the 50 something white men and that should give you a clue. I overheard a general manager describing a dispute between me and another (female lead) as "just a couple of chicks bleeding between the legs". Yeah, true story. The year after that his boss (regional director) shared a powerpoint with 200 managers in the NW and one whole slide was just a picture of a pin-up girl. So you know it was not just my branch, the culture was been driven and accepted from the top.

Thaman Rubber Company

100% would not recommend
12/2/15, 12:36 AM

They will not hire you for a secretary position if you are a woman. The owner asked me in my interview if I was married or had kids, and I later found out that they do not hire unmarried women.

McDonald Wholesale Co.

11/23/15, 11:54 PM

I've worked here for 1 1/2 years and there are a few of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly by management however it is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Women need to socialize with the guys up above to get help in the company.

Maybe. You better be "friendly" with the men in power or you go now ...

Essendant

10/19/15, 6:51 PM

Senior leadership is male-dominated, and the few women leaders are either excessively "masculine" in behavior (ultra aggressive, harsh, not primary care givers at home) or they get pushed out/ marginalized. This sets the tone for the rest of the company. Also very slow to make changes and adapt to current business trends in all aspects, but especially in diversity and inclusion.

Maybe. Depends on your department head