SPI International Transportation

www.spitrans.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at SPI International Transportation to join us.

Subaru Canada, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer still has more opportunity to show women that they value their contributions by better supporting maternity leave/paternity leave for both men and women.

My employer will allow some flexibility within any accommodation rules within recommended government guidelines to prevent systemic discrimination. They are improving in this area for both men and women who need accommodations but sometimes I believe that the perception on those individuals are negative.

Meso Scale Diagnostics, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

MSD is a great place if you're new to industry, or if you're thinking of starting your family. The work does not require a lot of thought, so if you're sleep deprived from taking care of kids at home, this is perfect! Also, if you're not looking to advance your career and you don't mind staying on a horizontal career path, this is also perfect! The CEO has publicly embarrassed workers at holiday parties, and the general atmosphere is very "old white men's club".

It's very manager dependent, and department dependent. Working in R&D was easier to ask for flexibility, however my manager didn't fully understand when my kids were sick that I needed to take them out of daycare.

HR was not very knowledgeable on the FMLA vs Short Term policies, so be prepared to do a bit of researching on your own. *Also be aware of holiday breaks and how that plays into your return date and payroll (Christmas break is 1 week long, however if your return date falls within that time period and you want to take the remaining week off, you have to use vacation time to do so).

Ryder Transportation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women at Ryder are expected to flirt and converse with management no matter their marital status. Management will tell dirty jokes behind your back to one another to get a reaction out of you. You have to constantly ask the manager to have somebody to train you on new material. Advancements are made toward you like for hour adjustments. The facility I worked at is a fraternity house. It's a whore house and little work is done unless pressured from customers. I was ridiculed for being a hard worker keeping my nose to the grindstone, since I did not converse casually as much even though I was not spoken to.

Not for Hiring

Global Poverty Project Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Global Poverty Project is a great place to work for both women and men

United States Department of the Treasury Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The work is fascinating and I have had the good fortune to work with some great people, including some really competent women role models. However, there are not as many women as men in senior leadership positions and you may find yourself outnumbered by men in many meetings. I have found that it helps to stand up for yourself and do things like speak up when you have a good idea, and work hard but don't let others take advantage of you. It also helps to have a boss willing to advocate on your behalf.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Daymon Interactions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

From what I saw, women are treated as fairly as men. But overall, employees are not valued as much as they could/should be.

Micron Technology, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very thin representation of women in management. Women making a recommendation that is laughed at then having the same recommendation lauded when proposed by a man is very common. Work life balance is uneven; good in some teams, poor in others.

ASICS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The overall culture is very "good old boy" but certain departments have more women so those areas are a little better. Overall, employees here are underpaid and undervalued (of both genders) but the male dominated depts always seem to be more valued than the female dominated depts (and paid accordingly). There is a company culture of hiring temps for more entry level positions (which tend to be female dominated) but then a HUGE barrier in getting hired on as a full employee even after 1+ years of service to the company. A very important note on maternity leave - the company only offers unpaid leave as they have employees collect SDI and PFL from the state of California. ASICS offers 17 weeks of unpaid leave, to follow the standard CA state paid leave, BUT THEY ONLY PAY FOR 12 WEEKS OF BENEFITS. This means that if a woman cannot afford health insurance premiums 100% on her own, she can only take 12 weeks. Often this means working right up until delivery to maximize the time off after baby arrives. If for some reason she is written out prior to baby's arrival, she may have to return to work extremely early postpartum to avoid paying for insurance out of pocket.

Baker & McKenzie Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

It is a challenge for women, especially working mothers, to advance in this organization. While people are respectful of one's decision to acheive a better work life balance, the billable hour is still king.

Remington Hotels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I've worked there for almost 10 years, but only under the current company for about 9 months. A larger company bought my small company, and now I'm adapting to new standards. So far the company and its people are hard working individuals that I enjoy working with. I would not recommend this company for Mothers who value their family time. As a manager I'm expected to work at least 10-12 hour days. Before children, this would not have been much of an issue. The hours this company expects from you can be long, and that can be difficult when you have a family. This company has lots of room for growth and wonderful opportunities for those who are willing to work hard.