Springer

www.springer.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Springer to join us.

Development Dimensions International, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a woman-friendly workplace with mostly supportive peers. If you support others...they will support you.

Williams Mullen Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a lack of mentoring at WM and a bias against andavcing and investing in women. They her more women, but most end up leaving.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

TD Securities Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

TD is one of the best cultures I have experienced for advancing and promoting women into senior roles. There is a very strong Women in Leadership network and a tremendous amount of focus on retaining talented senior women and recruiting outstanding junior women. Overall, no complaints with the culture. The only consideration is a very off market mat leave policy.

The policy here leaves a lot to be desired. The first 6 weeks are completely unpaid, your only option is to apply for disability insurance. The second 6 weeks are covered at a % of your base salary, not even fully paid.

Janus Research Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Few women in the company, but gender issues weren't bothersome but rather general business and leadership challenges within the co.

Adobe Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

there are a lot of women working here, but unusually few in product or eng. Management is male-dominated and not diverse, something of a 'boys club' especially in the US offices. This which makes it tougher for women to advance in their ranks.

Titus-Will Automotive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 4+ years and while overall I enjoyed it, I wish I had treated both my own career and my financial earning with more respect. The company changed and drastically lowered the comission cap when some salespeople learned that the women on the phone and emailing behind the scenes were making more money than them. I learned so much about myself and about the auto industry from Titus-Will, amd I'm glad I did. I don't think I would do it again though.

UMB Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There used to be somewhat of a boys club here, but that has improved over the years. However, it seems they are now inclined to favor younger people for promotions and growth opportunities.

HTC Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

N/A

WellSpring Resources Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I have worked for this company for a year an a half. I accepted the opportunity to work here with the intention of it being long term employment, but just could not stick it out. Very unsupportive work environment, little to no training after basics are covered and simply put employees are viewed as work horses and not humans.