Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Stamen to join us.

ExecuPharm Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Save as much of your salary as you can because if your contract is cancelled, for any reason, you are cut off by the end of the working day. There is no obligation to try to help you obtain a new position unless it is to their benefit. It is especially difficult if you are older, as most of these positions require years of experience, you could not be contracted again.

It is primarily set by the client, but there wasn't much PTO after the mandatory public holidays.

Have a way to protect your people a bit more within the contract. It should not be so easy to cancel a person's livelihood.

Anthropologie Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

I believe this position taught me a lot about retail and customer service.

Miller Friel, PLLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Avoid it. Women are not treated with respect. You can do better.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Change approach

Vino Volo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not a work day goes by where I am not thankful for my time with this company, and, for a multitude of reasons-- from wine education and experience in this type of setting, to the lifelong connections made with both coworkers and travelers/customers, alike. As with so much, attitude is key, and if yours is one of openness to the situation, there's much to be gained. If you are looking for a career in wine, though, this one will, likely, just be a temporary stop on your journey, as it's more about waiting tables than anything else. If you are more on the novice side of the sliding scale, with all-things-wine, use the opportunity to absorb what you encounter with the wines you carry. What I gleaned during my time here, even as a pretty knowledgable wine person, has proven invaluable, thanks to tremendous leaders at my location. I am grateful for my experience here, though I'm also thankful I moved on.

It all depends on the location of the store, and the manager at each, really. There was not a consistency across the board. Again, this may very well be changing as the company has been bought out, recently.

Have consistent, easy to understand guidelines/rules; create an environment in every store that doesn't allow for one bad apple to spoil the entire bunch; and knock off the lengthy testing, which isn't consistent nor necessary. There's a lot of unnecessary aspects to training (and continuing to train by retaking the tests over and over and over again, each time someone new in corporate wants to revamp them), which could be streamlined so much better. Plus, requiring homework and tests without compensation is illegal....

Grand Rapids Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There have been a number of women in high level positions at this college. I do believe that GRCC tries to hire the best person for the job regardless of gender. There is a method to give preference to internal employees for open positions which can make it hard to hire the best person for the job. I feel comfortable working here as a woman.

There is no work from home policy, yet many individuals in some departments do have a work from home agreement. It is not fair that we can't figure out a way to give more flexibility to everyone on the staff side of the college.

There is no paid time for maternity leave. You are able to use FMLA, and required to exhaust your sick leave bank. Then it is up to you as to whether or not you want to use paid vacation time. This is grossly unfair as it leaves you with potentially no paid time off once you return to take care of doctor's appointments, any potential sickness your or your family may have in the future or take a vacation.

Sky PLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The Parental leave and holiday is on par with the best of UK companies

Sonos Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked in marketing for a year so not sure this is the fullest summary, but my experience was really good. I left for reasons unrelated to the company. Marketing department was more than half women which is typical. Everyone really friendly and I never encountered sexist jokes or comments. However nearly all of the bosses were men even though the department was mostly female. The engineering department stats were terrible, when I still worked at the company there were 20 engineers and 1 of them was a woman. So a mixed bag but mostly friendly people.

Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

Colgate-Palmolive Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Overall a nice place to work and people treated fairly. Maternity leave is great. Better weeks paid than most and no pressure to cone back right after. On average, most women are out 6 mos. Senior management is male dominated and so that's where it feels like some inequality/ differences. That + some cultural gender tendencies ( because is a very global company)sometimes you feel the very blatant woman in room.

New Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

You should work hard to continue working here, though salary revisions are not taking place very often