Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Subaru to join us.

EXL Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It really depends on the client you will work with.

Engility Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Make sure your manager treats men and women equally, negotiate additional benefits as the standard benefits package is not very competitive with industry or competitors in the same space. Confirm that your role has growth opportunities and that the team you work with is qualified for the job.

This is obviously manager-dependent but I have noticed a lot of micromanaging and lack of flexibility at Engility. Short of a family or medical emergency, management doesn't like it when employees have appointments or need to flex hours. I have seen management come in to "check in" when they are off on vacation for a week - there's little trust in personnel without any justification.

Benefits, compensation, opportunities for women to succeed, change culture of a male-focused business, create a cohesive and flexible work environment

Spectrum Brands, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is ok, people are nice but there are no growth opptys and all leadership positions are held by men

I would like to see a wok from home program-they forbid it

Maybe. there are no growth opptys, it depends on what they are looking for

Guess Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This can be an amazing place to work if you have a good team and good leadership. In the past 3 years of working here I've had really great months and just awful ones. They do try to accommodate employees for things like maternity leave (they will have a position for you on your return and they'll work with you on length of leave), sick kids, sick time in general, and the medical/PTO benefits are really great. You can take appointments as needed during the week and it's not a big deal, and there are occasionally great opportunities for career development and advancement.

While some departments have more flexible hours and culture, some do not (even differs between teams in the SAME department, which can be frustrating). I really could do 90% of my job from home, and it would be beneficial to be able to work remotely one or two days a week for my mental well being.

I've known a few different women at this company who've taken maternity leave. They've seemed very happy with the accommodations they were given. I believe you get 6 weeks maternity leave, with the option to extend as needed (unpaid), and you are guaranteed a position on your return.

Maybe. If they are a good fit for the team/environment then yes. The company is a good place for women to learn about the fashion industry and get a good base skillset to take with them to bigger and better places. But the office environment can also be challenging for those expecting to climb the corporate ladder quickly, or to make drastic changes to a company that is stuck in its ways. The benefits at the company are good, there are good perks, but the pay can be low for entry-level and mid-level positions compared to other companies in the industry. Also 80% of the executive leadership are men. Nepotism is VERY real here.

Kohler Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think, like many large companies, culture is dependent upon the department and exective heads of the department. For me, I feel very much respected as a woman and have not felt diminished due to my gender by anyone internally. The recently added flex time policies are great and were very much needed. I do think there is room for improvement with promoting women beyond the director level positions, seems to be very few female VPs and Ps.

Highlight Technologies LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

There is gender equality in pay. So impossible to find since Ive been in the workforce for the past 15 years.

Gallardo & Lamas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stand up for what you believe in and always have a growth mindset. Ignore the small talk, actions speak louder than words.

motivate team to seek education

Great Clips Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Low compensation and employer doesn't care about employees. Wouldn't not suggest this company.

FSG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I believe that FSG is a special place to work; people are highly intelligent, brilliant thinkers, and truly believe in using their skills to make a difference in the world. Generally, I think that the firm tries and very badly wants to value women and diversity. However, in my experience, it is still a company that is highly wed to a traditional consulting model making it very difficult to actually live this value. Rarely, during my tenure, did I see the organization able to move outside its traditional model; instead employees were generally required to conform to that model. For those employees that were not able or willing to find a place within that model they usually ended up leaving. This usually included young mothers and racial minorities. Also, opportunities for women to find strong mentors varied. Some offices had senior women that acted as mentors and support, however the office I predominantly worked out of had no senior female leaders. Only after leaving did I realize how profoundly different my experience might have been had I had a strong mentor or support to guide me. Finally, I think the firm still has a lot of work to do when thinking about working mothers. I left the firm once I started a family because the model was just unsustainable for me despite a reduced schedule. FSG is the most intense place to work that I have ever experienced (more so than the for profit strategy firm I worked for prior to FSG). People are typical type A strategy consultants but are motivated more by having an impact and less by pay. This leads to a culture where the work is never enough--you can always have more impact. Impact is an acceptable motivation to put before your family. This culture meant that it was very difficult for me to step back on a reduced schedule; to me it felt like the expectations never changed. I continually felt like I was under-performing at my job and under-performing with my family. On a tactical level, firm provides 6 weeks of maternity leave and also provides 6 weeks of paternity leave to men; women can also take additional unpaid time off. 6 weeks is just not realistic for working mothers particularity for a firm that hopes to be cutting edge on diversity and women's issues. It's forward thinking to provide paternity leave, but the policy implies to me that somehow men bear the same level of responsibility when it comes to giving birth-- which when when you are only given six weeks is really what you are still recovering from. This policy also puts women who are the primary breadwinner or who have fewer family resources at a distinct disadvantage over those that can afford to take unpaid time off and properly recover from the impact of bearing a child.

Maybe. I think it is a strong place to build a career but FSG still has lots of work to do for women that do not conform to the classic consulting model (e.g., women with young families or women without consulting experience)

Intermountain Healthcare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many women work at intermountain as nurses. A lot of women choose to work there because it can be very mom and women friendly. Many women work as nurses and some forms of leadership (managers, educators etc). I see much fewer women in high leadership positions like administration.