Sumitomo Precision Products Co., Ltd.

www.spp.co.jp/English/index2-e.html

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Sumitomo Precision Products Co., Ltd. to join us.

California Closets Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The independent franchise owner was very flexible about me taking unpaid maternity leave. Paid maternity leave was not available.

It depends on if you work for an independent franchise owner or corporate. More flexibility with independent franchises.

My employer was an independent franchise owner and was very flexible and supportive of maternity leave during this time. I did come into the office 2x to have meetings with the team to stay up to date.

Manhattan Broadway Hotel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You may apply right away, he may not hire you know but who knows?

n/a

The boss or manager of this hotel(John Du) is very rude, selfish and completely inconsiderate of his male, night shift employees (he has gone through 4 in just two months and about ten since February). I wonder why, I mean, the common denominator is him. He curses you out, when you reach out to him with an issue (some very serious issues) he completely ignores and when he fires you, he makes his decision weeks prior to actually telling you and only so he can train someone else to replace you. He fired me unjustly and quite illegally so (I currently am starting a lawsuit against him and a previous guest who scammed him and cost me my job). He didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt and did not consider my outstanding work and loyalty, Instead he got scared by a pair of cons and lost a loyal employee with hig integrity. A true employee that would have, if given the chance, made his hotel that much better. He treats his day staff (females) like daughters or mistresses and his male night auditors like scum. His manager David expects you to be there 10 to 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift, unpaid and only so he can get home early because he lives far and will miss his train. So unprofessional and illegal. Yet if you stay an extra half hour or even ten minutes, they request you do not put on your time sheet. The job was great. I absolutely loved doing what i did. But these two are so utterly unprofessional and schemers that I just am glad I am no longer there.

Aptara Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Because it's in the publishing industry, this vendor employs a lot of women. It's not a terrible place to work. However, the hours are not family-friendly and the leadership is patriarchal. It's not a place to advance a career. It also seriously lacks diversity in the U.S.

Statoil Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

I believe there is still a big gender gap at the top end of the company. There are not many female top manager and the number does not seem to increase over the years. However, compared to other companies in the industry, the company is average. I would say that there are possibilities but it is still not a gender egalitarian company.

I do not have kids.

Write rules that prevent sexual harassment, and that define consequences for infringing those rules. Provide proper training and awareness about gender inequality and harassment.

Zeeto Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It was very much a frat house feel. Some women may be fine with that. I was not. I felt uncomfortable in a lot of situations.

Red Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would say that there are almost no women in leadership positions but that management seems committed to changing that, at least to some degree.

Competitor Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for more than six years. Until recently, the company had an entirely male executive team, but has since gotten a new CEO, women on the executive team and a new HR director. The company is probably 90% people in their 20s and 30s, and most positions require travel. Most people stay here for the cool job (putting on races, making magazines), rich health benefits and awesome coworkers. The company feels constantly unstable financially however, and the turnover rate is quite high. Not every department or role has much room for advancement. For maternity leave, employees receive nothing from the company--HR only does what is required by law in the state of California and nothing more. There's not a great work-life balance promoted in the culture, but certain departments seem to have found it (mainly depends on your boss).

Yale University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

The time you take for maternity is based off of your accrued time. If you are in management, you get 6 weeks paid by disability. Any other time is based on your own PTO bank. Previously, the university did not have short-term disability that guaranteed any maternity leave, but you could accrue up to 64 vacation days. That total vacation carry-over is now just 15 days. Therefore, maternity leave is better and worse -- all managers can have 6 paid weeks, but it is unlikely that women will be able to take 4 months paid time off like I was able to do in the past. There are a number of women in leadership roles and women are able to advance, yet we still face challenges. I find there's acceptance for taking leave and time off. Flexibility is the norm.

Dallimore & Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Alot of politics, intrusion into your work, slow decision making, not alot of room for advancement. However, its a good place to be if the roles fit your needs.

Al Jazeera America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

So far I've been very happy, and women who shine definitely have growth options!