FREE 7 Day Access to WSJ.com Sign up today and receive a free week

Suncor Energy

www.suncor.com

Madam Diesel

I have worked here for 5 years too long. It's a sexist company with a good old boys attitude. It's a Canadian company with a US division. The discrepancies between the maternity leave for Canadian citizens and US citizens is absurd. The life work balance is almost non-existant. It has only been recently that promoting diveristy and inclusion has been on the radar of Suncor.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Lady Écossaise

Safety Officer

Mining

I worked here for three years until I took maternity leave only to find out that my job had been eliminated due to the crash in oil prices. However, a few of my male colleagues stayed on which raised some eye brows. The oil sands are the epitome of an "all boys clubs" and it is a very male dominated work environment. I would get cat called on the job, men would conspicuously leer at me and make sexist comments to each other within earshot as I passed by. I reported several incidents to my superiors but was encouraged to sweep them under the rug and not be so thick skinned. It wasn't a positive work environment for females but I sure do miss the big oil sands money!

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Only if you're desperate

Women Review Suncor Energy for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Suncor Energy by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website Madam Diesel Lady Écossaise