Surgical Care Affiliates

www.scasurgery.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Surgical Care Affiliates to join us.

Schindler Elevator Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

Several positions require regular travel across many states and time zones. Very white and male dominated. Old school business. Unforunately, most women are in support or adminstrative positions. Referred to as "old boys club."

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

MSK is a wonderful place to work. I'm porud to say I am part of an organization that really makes a difference in the world. The people I work with are great and I love to come to work each day. It's rare that you can say I love my job and I am fortunate to say that I do and there are many employees here that feel the same way.

Chico's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to work insane hours doing lots of duplicative work. However, this office is run by women and the men here so respect that that. If you have a family or want to start one explore other options first (depending on what department you work in).

AVG Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

From my experience it seems that there's just not enough awareness to women's rights and no effort to promote women at all. Consequently, women are usually stuck in middle management at best, higher management is 100% white men...

GasPedal Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 4 years and there are a lot of women working here, but not in leadership roles. When women are in leadership roles they are not given the same opportunities as men -- their proverbial leash is shorter. The company has a generous paternity leave -- 3 weeks paid, but the maternity leave is through short-term disability and sub-par at best.

Coyote Logistics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

Redfin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women at Redfin, many in high level positions (CTO, SVP of Comms, Directors, etc.). Overall I like working at Redfin and have learned a lot from some really smart people. That being said, Redfin does a fair to middlin' job of accommodating work/life balance - nothing above and beyond what you'll find at other startups: catered lunches 3 days per week in Seattle, standing desk option, Mother's room for pumping... What I really appreciate about Redfin are our health care benefits. We pay ZERO monthly premiums, 0% coinsurnace, and very low annual deductibles and copays. What could use improving: - Compensation: internal equity could use a review for market adjustments across ALL groups, not just engineering. - 401K: LOTS of companies, including pre-IPO companies, offer a match. Redfin does not. - Transit: Seattle's traffic is becoming untenable unless you live within walking/biking distance or a short bus ride. Redfin currently provides a partial subsidy towards a bus pass, which is great for those who live within Seattle proper but not sufficient/helpful for those who live outside of Seattle and are faced with either long bus rides (with multiple transfers) or sometimes longer commutes and sky high daily/monthly parking rates in Downtown Seattle. Extending the bus subsidy to those who need/want to drive would be a good start. As a new mom taking the bus every day doesn't sound appealing when I live outside of Seattle proper. - WFH: it's known that the CEO does not like corporate employees (those working at HQ in Seattle or SF) working from home. Sometimes working from home is a necessity (sick child, appointments, etc.) and it doesn't feel good to know that your business looks down upon you taking care of your family's needs.

HMS Holdings Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A lot of women with top roles. Very supportive.

Woodley & McGillivary LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for eight months but there is an attitude of some of the female lawyers that is very male-driven (even though the support staff is only female). Due to its size, there was no real advancement (unless you start as a receptionist and another staff employee leaves). It felt as though the female lawyers judged the female support staff more than the men but overall it was an amazing starting experience and there are very few things that I would change about the company.

QlikTech International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015