sourdough

You must firm about what you want. You must have the resolve and strategy and the negotiation skill to push through the bias against female engineers.

I didn't want to have kids to interfere with work.
  • 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

It depends largely on the front line manager. Some managers are very understanding and trusting, some managers like to micromanage.
It's a very technical company so you're exposed to fun technological challenges. However, you must have the resolve and the negotiation skill to advance the skill and career. Pushing too hard can sometimes result in backlashes.
Hello_World

I worked alongside both men and women, and the overall environment seemed very respectful. None of those hidden micro-inequities that I could tell, at least not on a day-to-day basis. The only group that especially suffers from lack of female representation is the Sales team -- I had men treat me very differently for sure. But I think the problem is systemic (wish it were better).

Its a good place if you just want to put in your 40 hours and go home. Nice flexibility. But if you want to rise up, its a struggle due to the lack of women in leadership and mentoring is fend for your self.

They are trying to get better for inclusion, but they do have a long way to go.
Madam Jackie

I worked here for 7 years, and outside the engineering organization, there are a fair number of women working here. The Company has experienced a lot of disruption due to the CEO changes, splitting up of Symantec/Veritas, etc. That being said, there is good work/life balance and majority of colleagues are solid people.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review Symantec for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Symantec by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website sourdough Hello_World anon1747 Madam Jackie