Tennant Company

www.tennantco.com/

Rowan0116

The executive leadership team is still a "good old boys" club.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

tootieboots

Tennant is overall a good place to work, even though they are stuck in the 80s with some of their policies and procedures. There has been a lot of turnover in HR and leadership recently, so I'm anxious to see what, if any, changes come about in the next 1-2 years.

Not for Hiring

It really depends on your manager's viewpoint on flexible work arrangements. You can get things like alternate schedules approved and finalized through HR, but my experience is that it's best to just work through your manager for an unofficial arrangement.

The "maternity leave" is just a STD policy, and in the last 18 months, they went from 100% pay for 6 weeks to 2/3 pay for 6 weeks which is just unacceptable. I understand they have the plant workers to consider, but they should have a separate maternity leave policy if they can't determine a way to make STD work for everyone.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. There are certain departments that are more progressive than others. Tennant is still very much an old-school industrial manufacturing company in some ways, and their benefits for women reflect that overall. There is no maternity leave, it's just STD at 2/3 pay for 6 weeks which is common for the industry, but extremely weak and lame for working mothers in the corporate office.