Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The American Society of Clinical Oncology to join us.

SunPower Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Seems to be equality. Flexible when time allows but many fires so schedule is not always predictable. Different time zones and last minute meetings make schedules difficult and requires working hours to be shifted to accommodate.

No employer paid time in TX office unless you’re paying for ST disability benefit. Inconsistent CA office and TX office benefits due to different state laws.

Overlake Hospital Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great small hospital. Family type atmosphere and an overall great place to work

TravelClick Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a ton of flexibility being an outside sales executive, but it's hard work with high goals.

DOS position - outside rep

Nance Roofing, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are Very respectful and understanding of a single mothers schedule. I never have to worry about my kids.

Very respectful and understanding of a single mothers schedule. All we have to do is log onto https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com and depending on what city office you live in you put the hours you need to work around for daycare. For example: if you need the Conway, SC office you would log onto conway roofing contractor at https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com/conway-roofing-contractor/ If you need Pawleys Island you would log onto https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com/pawleys-island-roofing-contractor/ and if you lived in Charleston, SC or were near that office you would just go to https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com/charleston-roofing-contractor/. The owner Steve nance makes it so that we can work from anywhere.

Mcgriff Seibels & Williams Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no maturity leave. There are no women in the more competitive sales driven jobs and when asked why that was, management skirted around the issue. You may take time off if your child is ill but it will affect your performance review and this your pay raises.

As a woman in her twenties who is considering having children in the near future, maturity leave is a big factor for me. In my interview I was told that maturity leave was offered but after being hired I found that you must take short term disability. When I asked management about it, I was told that short term disability is "almost the same thing as maturity leave". I will be finding another job before I have any children.

UNICEF USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would encourage anyone working there to advocate for paid family leave, which is an important issue and most certainly should be offered in the non-profit sector considering the trade-off in compensation levels.

National Gallery of Art Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of the staff is comprised of women, but it's run by an old boys club in the high level positions. There is less of a culture of sexism than there is of ageism. People refuse to retire from the Federal government, so you have an entire generation of staff who barely know how to attach a document to an email, much less want to evolve and adapt to new creative ways of doing things. If you're under the age of 35, you are treated like a child. Older women are clearly threatened by younger female employees and not many are supportive in terms of wanting to advance and promote staff. However, I will say that I have made wonderful friendships with many colleagues here. When I went on maternity leave, my colleagues donated over 80 hours of paid leave to me which tremendously helped my family financially.

Kyruus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Having worked in the tech industry for nearly 10 years, I can say with great confidence that Kyruus is a bit of a "unicorn" company for women with a passion for technology. The company is over 50% female, with an absolutely inspiring female co-founder. Generally speaking, the company has a "no jerks" hiring policy, and it really shows - I have found the culture to be incredibly supportive, with what seems to be equal access to growth opportunities. In fact, the first person ever promoted to a manager role in engineering is a woman. The senior leadership team is 75% male (6 women out of 24), so we still have a ways to go there, but we're doing better than most tech joints. I have no first-hand experience with maternity leave, but a manager who recently came back from maternity leave was promoted shortly after returning - which sends a great message to women considering starting a family. It does not seem to be something that sets you back professionally, as I've encountered in other companies, which - at least personally - really increases my long-term commitment to the company. Bottom line: in an industry where it often feels like you have to be twice as good to get half as far, Kyruus has managed to create a really welcoming and supportive environment where I feel respected and confident about growth opportunities.

United Way of the Bay Area Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 5 years. I think most would agree that work/life balance is encouraged and respected for all regardless of gender or sexual preference (parental leave is for all parents). PTO benefits are excellent and have gotten me through periods when fundraising goals aren't met and raises are minimal, non-existent, or we take a hit. The work week is 37.5 hours; I've never felt pressured to put in late hours. Few would notice if you did since if you're exempt it's assumed you are self-managing your time to get your work done. In the last few years flex-time and work-at-home options have been introduced for most positions. There are minimal paths to promotion and turnover is high (including multiple layoffs). If you can manage the drawbacks mentioned, it is a great place to gain respected non-profit and professional fundraising experience and still have a life outside of work. There is flexibility to take on new projects and keep one's work varied and interesting. The female CEO is widely admired (both in and outside the organization). The volunteer leadership is impressive and appreciative of staff. The current and last two chairs of the board are recognized businesswomen (one is now in the Obama administration).

Blast Radius Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

This company is pretty flexible with working from home.