The Center for Effective Philanthropy

www.effectivephilanthropy.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Center for Effective Philanthropy to join us.

PayServ Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Single male owner likes to hear himself talk. All ideas must go through him. There's a very lengthy chain of command to get any approvals. Once you get an approval someone inj management changes it and you have to start over. Very time wasting environment.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Give more opportunity for growth in employee roles. Let employees challenge themselves and think outside the box. Let go of the tight reigns and let employees succeed. Don't hold them back.

University of Idaho Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Save up vacation and sick pay for maternity leave. Also, buy into disability to help support your income while on leave.

RealPage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Company has no maternity leave and makes it incredibly difficult to manage insurance and pay while on FMLA. Depends on department, but I have not found it to be supportive of families in general. We do not have flexibility and are expected to work 12 hour days and into the night.

Texas Urogynecology And Laser Surgery Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Short, rarely takes a minute to acknowledge his employees. Hires through temp agencies, so no benefits.

Weyerhaeuser Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Hard work

JRD & Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The policies are inconsistent and are based on the owner's feelings and whims. The boss also questions your hours constantly, expects you to be available before and after business hours, and enjoys long lunches even if it results in employees staying late that day to complete deliverables. Policies do not support women who are pregnant. One employee was called while she was in labor for an update on a deliverable which she had already sent via email before she left for the hospital. She then had to bring her baby to work because she had no leave. When I became pregnant, the boss gave me a guilt trip for not telling him sooner than 8 weeks. During my pregnancy, after a few lunchtime doctor's appointments, the entire company received an email saying that we had to take PTO for all doctor's appointments, even if they happened at lunch and even if we worked our 8 hours before/after the appointment. Apparently it was ok to go out to eat (no PTO required) but not to go to the doctor. I began going to the doctor before work at 7am. I created a maternity leave plan which the boss refused to read or talk about. A week before I was due, I asked to work from home and was told no. I then said I would have to begin taking my PTO because I was too swollen to sit at a desk, and was told that my leave was "not approved." I had trouble getting information about insurance and had to work directly with the insurance company to figure out my short-term disability plan. The owner then expected me to return to work after the STD ran out, with a 4 week old baby. I quit instead.

Maybe. Maternity leave doesn't exist, the boss refuses to talk about such things or plan for them, and there are few/no actual company policies because everything is based on the owner's whim at that particular time

Formlabs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a tech company, it can be difficult for non-engineer types to be heard, and it seems to be worse for non-engineer women. You have to be loud and assertive to get stuff done, and with this you walk the line between being a good worker and being called bossy. What few managers and supervisors we have are all male, and they're good people, but many of them don't seem aware of gender dynamics in the workplace. There's at least one woman on most of the teams (engineering, material science, software, etc) but most of us are in support, sales, and office management roles. Time off is basically at your leisure (they say an average of 3 weeks a year, but most people don't take this because there's too much work to get done). No women at the company have had to take maternity leave yet, but several employees have taken 2-4 weeks of paternity leave, even at crunch times. Non-engineers generally don't earn enough to make having kids an even remote option, though, so dual incomes are very, very necessary.

Coutts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

White British Men dominate managerial roles. Very few women in banker roles and many have been in the same role for 20 years before being promoted. Women are often shafted as soon as they announce they are pregnant although for a British company there is generous support for maternity leave.

Idexx Laboratories Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

As the company grows more corporate, managers are less able to offer flexibility to their employees. But there are still different management philosophies throughout the company. Talk to other women in the department to get a feel for that department.

Maybe. Depends on the department

Partners Healthcare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

February 2015

Good balance for family life, no more than 40 hours/week, predictable hours. Supportive of partial work from home dependent on role, department and manager.