Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Institute for Family Health to join us.

Roper Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Make sure your compensation package is very clear including variable bonus. What does success look like?

Ashwood Gifts Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Personally I would suggest most people, let alone women, to avoid working at this organisation. Ashwood Gifts Ltd is run by a family of Christians from the Plymouth Brethren/Exclusive Brethren community, who are very insular as part of their core nature. Research the PBs before accepting a position in this organisation to check that you know what you're letting yourself in for. At the time I worked there, three women worked in the same office as me. The co-founder's sister showed plenty of signs of being unhappy; her aunt seemed to have resigned herself to being seen as a lesser person; one of the warehouse workers was the designated 'tea-lady'. Outside of the office I physically worked in there was also the younger co-founder's wife, with whom I had a limited amount of contact, who did not respond to my efforts to say hello and introduce myself but was very quick to point out any mistakes I made. Regarding mistakes, I started the job feeling confident that I would do well, however I received minimal training. At first I took this to mean that I was doing a good job, but later it became apparent that most of the workers in the office did not want to interact with me (as I said, the Plymouth Brethren are worth researching before you commit to a job like this. Notably, PBs tend to discourage one-another from talking to non-PBs. This extended to training me properly). There is more that I could say here. This workplace offers a budget for free lunches but refuse to sit with you at lunchtime; they are overall very sensitive to anything even vaguely approaching colourful language; communication within the organisation leaves a lot to be desired (especially for outsiders like me. I once received an Instant Message between two of Ashwood's family members talking negatively about me, and I although I reported this to the co-founders, the reaction and any kind of satisfying resolution was very much lacking. Plus, when I handed my notice in, I waited for the co-founder to inform the rest of the team. When this was not mentioned in any group email or team huddle I asked when he was going to announce my leaving to the group. He told me he already had. I'd simply been left out of it).

To say that they are a little bit flexible is technically true but admittedly unhelpful: my working contract stated that I must dress modestly and was disallowed from wearing trousers. Since I feel more comfortable in trousers I asked, when I joined, to wear them and they accepted this. However, I am sure that I have already hinted enough that there are serious core issues with the way this company views and treats women, and I believe these need to be addressed but are unlikely to be. In addition, despite my job being administrative and the industry the company traded in being fairly full of late-starters (many of our customers opened at 10 or 11am, and even then seasonally,), the co-founders' religious beliefs supported starting work very early in the morning. My initial contract was for me to start work at 7am. Due to circumstances at home I was unable to accept a start quite so early so re-contracted for 7.30am. They accepted this. It may also be worth noting that this company had me working for as many hours as they could. Just because I started at 7.30am it didn't mean I got to leave early. I left a while ago but my leaving time was 5.30pm.

Eliminate the negative impact of the founders' religious beliefs about women, which currently lessen the prospects of women in this workplace.

Kaufman Rossin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

They're not going to treat you with kid gloves, but like an equal, as it should be.

The Hilltop Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

It is a great workplace for mothers and expectant mothers especially.

SmithBucklin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Great workplace for women-- many women in leadership roles and throughout the company. Interesting work and business model.

For now, flexibility depends on your supervisor's tolerance for it.

Maternity benefits are paid through the STD provider.

Coty, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Avoid Supply chain related positions. There is a lot of favoritism from the current leadership

Greiner Bio-One Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. FLEXIBILE HOURS AND ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Helmsley Charitable Trust Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very little room for growth regardless of Program or Department due to job titles / structure.

Companion Data Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would caution that there is an old school mentality and working from home is not supported. Additionally there is no family leave policy.

My 2 weeks were only paid at 60% of my salary. I had to use all my vacation before any additional support because this employer has a 20 business day waiting period for short term disability to kick in.

Silpada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for a year an a half and have loved it! Unsurprisingly, a majority of the employees here are women (IT is still heavily men, though.) Though I don't have children myself, I know Silpada is very flexible with kids (letting you work from home if a kid is sick, etc.). The one con is maternity leave. While I haven't had children, I've been told that in order to receive any pay you have to take short-term disability. I will say that there is no judgement on the part of maternity leave. It's very acceptable to take as much as you can/want to, though with the poor paid leave setup, it's not always an option to take more than eight to twelve weeks.