The Jackson Laboratory

"The organization's goals are poorly constructed and inconsistently communicated. As a result, it is difficult to pursue your own objectives and know that they will still be a priority by the time you are able to achieve them. This is not gender-specific, but women suffer more if there is a deficit of unambiguous accomplishments. The exception is Faculty -- female faculty members seem to be able to set their own agendas and be rewarded on the basis of good research and successful grant writing, just like the male faculty members. "
One thing The Jackson Laboratory can improve?
"The true costs of taking time are hard to determine. Some members of Senior Management demonstrate behavior consistent with the organization's policies and some clearly feel that family issues "intrude" but won't address this directly. "
Would you recommend The Jackson Laboratory to other women?
"0 paid maternity leave, use sick, vacation hours, FMLA at 2/3 salary for your own maternity leave. Was told by senior admin to save up before getting pregnant."
One thing The Jackson Laboratory can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"I had to use up my saved sick hours first before allowed to use FMLA at 2/3 pay. I could choose to stay home with baby longer with unpaid leave but that wasn't an option for my family. For 100% pay, I used sick and vacation hours. Cross your fingers for your baby not getting sick from daycare especially when you have just used up all your sick or vacation time."
Would you recommend The Jackson Laboratory to other women?