The Jewish Federations of North America

www.jewishfederations.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Jewish Federations of North America to join us.

Winston & Strawn LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

I think women are treated pretty fairly here. There just seems to be more of a division between attorneys and staff.

It would be nice if there was flexibility to work remotely.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

moBack, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It’s hard to find anything nice to say about this company. It is very obvious they have management issues. The CEO is at the top and there is no one else to go to for complaints, no HR no VP nothing. As a consulting company it makes sense you work on many different projects at the same time but he is paranoid and makes you keep blow by blow notes about exactly what you do hourly then have one on one meetings with him to go over what you did and he still insists you email him at the end of day to let him know what you did. It is very obvious he doesn’t trust his employees. All the men at the top are sexist. I have heard on more than one occasion them speak to women in the office about their clothes even heard the CEO to tell a female employee to dress “pretty” for a convention. He treats women very differently than the men and not in a better way. There is also major favoritism. Many of the employees watch video and listen to podcasts while they work the CEO has told people to stop as it is distracting them/ affecting their work and others, but leaves the favorites alone to keep watching their anime and do little to no work. The management is also bipolar and flips opinions on projects sometimes several times within the same day and it is hard to know where you stand with them. Everyone makes way less than they should be for a company in the bay area. And there is no room for growth. No promotions, no progression, and very few raises. The CEO is also cheap and, though he does get lunch for the team Wednesday- Friday, keeps lowering the amount of money we are allowed to spend per person for the meal and so we end up getting bad small portions of food we don’t even want. There is no respect for the employees and the ideas and opinions they have. When projects will not work they will not listen to reason. I haven’t even touched on the illegal activity going on. They cut corners with licenses usually getting the cheaper versions and saying it is for their India team despite the California team being the sole users. They also illegally download 3D models and use them without the creator's permission. Bottom line most of the people there are wholly incompetent and don’t care about their employees.

Tuesday Morning Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Mostly women staff, women supervisors, all work well together as a team.

The schedule is flexible.

The Magnetic Collective Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Founders - two women - are very territorial and competitive. Not very female-friendly in terms of respecting others' ideas. Likes to hire junior-level staff, so it's very much a learn-as-you-go environment. Not the most stimulating for senior experience types.

Flexibility becomes a thing of the past when deadlines loom - except that the company founders aren't subject to this rule.

Ashley Homestore Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

This is a boy's club and women do not get promoted. They will give you a great title but no compensation.

Change the culture

Murphy USA Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have a family forget spending time with them. You have a very minimum crew and if one of them calls out you are forced to cover because overtime is not allowed. I had to work 80+ hours for 3 weeks straight because my district manager couldnt get himself together to send in paperwork for newhires. I was on my paid vacation, had to come back to my store to fire an employee on district managera say so and work saod employees shift. Because this company does not allow overtime and you are considered free labor because you are salary. Roads bad because of ice? U still have to go in. Risk yiur life. Offer to put you in a hotel closer to store? No. This company is terrible. Had a fellow store manager get pregnant, when she ae back from her 4 week maternity leave they demoted her. I missed the first 2 years of my own childs life because of this job. Finally I just said the money was not worth it.

Christie's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

female dominated business until the senior management level. benefits are generous including 12 weeks fully paid maternity leave and flexibility to extend with vacation or unpaid time.career paths are not clear and compensation is not competitive

Weis Markets Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated the same as men here so be prepared to lift and stack items.

Middleburg Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

Growing....expectations high with mediocre support