The Weinstein Company

weinsteinco.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Weinstein Company to join us.

TechHub Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Actually the company started 2 years ago an i'm the first one that wl be taking maternity leave. so still nothing to say.

Southern California Edison Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on the team you work for women and men are treated equally. In teams that are in corporate environments I feel that this is not a problem. However, if you work onsite at power stations depending on the crew you work with it may not be the case.

Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would recommend she not work here. During the 2016 election, the white, educated, affluent CEO eventually came out with, "I'm not saying a woman CAN'T be president, but..." So I said, "But what?" And he was like, "Nothing." And I said, "So you ARE saying a woman can't be president." And he asked that we discontinue the conversation because he felt I was being too aggressive.

The CEO of this company likes to talk about being generous and respecting everyone's home life, but as soon as you want to use that time doing anything he doesn't agree with, he will take issue with you. For example, I began a health improvement plan that necessitated I eat fresher foods for lunch and not eat at my desk, so I began taking lunch breaks (which I'd never done before and is NOT the culture of the company). I ALWAYS made up that time by staying later than 5, but the CEO still gave me grief and said, "You need to be mindful of your behavior." But then if you said, "Oh, would it be ok if I ran to the post-office?" he'd say, "This isn't elementary school. We're all adults here. Please don't ask me about things like this. Just do what you need to do." You can see the problem.

I have no idea what the maternity leave policy is or even if there is one.

The CEO of this start-up treats women differently than men in the work environment--talking over women; dismissing their ideas, but lauding those exact same ideas when coming from a male employee; minimizing their work ("well, your job is JUST xyz, so your contribution isn't THAT big"); and constantly making them defend their work. I left because I was so traumatized by the insidious misogyny, and unless ALL of that changes, I wouldn't recommend this company to any other women.

SD Myers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a "Christian" company, so women aren't always considered equals. But if you want/have a family, management tends to be accommodating to your needs. Leave is still unpaid, however, but that's 'Murica for you.

I have been trying to start a family for some time and have recently started fertility treatments with plans to do ivf. None of this is covered in our health insurance (not even diagnostics) and if I do manage to have a family, maternity leave is unpaid, so that does scare me a bit.

Maybe. This is a "Christian" company where men tend to be considered more important based on Biblical principles. But it also depends on your manager. So far, I've been very lucky with a male boss who has been very understanding with my current fertility struggles and is all for me having a family. So family friendly, yes, but you might not be promoted fairly. Again, it does depend on departments and managers.

Career Institute of Technology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

To be careful of the managerial male dominance

Value women and their opinions

AdvantageCare Physicians Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

lots of women working here, as a physician it is pretty standard outpatient, no call in my specialty, salary for 18 months with 25 PTO days to use any way you like and you can roll over 5.

Maybe. ample vacation time and PTO days but i do not know maternity benefits

Landor Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Our CEO is a woman, and about half of global leadership are women as well. I haven't noticed any discrimination or discrepancies between the men and women in the ranks.

Brown Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They treat you very well when you first start. During my time there I got married and had my first child. My husband called me and said that my newborn child was having problems breathing and that he got her in right away at the clinic I was working at. I found someone to cover for me and went to the appointment with him. They wrote me up for doing this. Then, a few weeks after, I took a low census. They tried calling me the day that I took this low census and I was giving my child a bath and didn't hear my phone. I called them back within an hour later and they said that already had someone else covering it. Then, they called me into their office later that day and said that I could bring my child with me. I found someone to watch my child and I went in there and they said that it wasn't working out. This were just main things regarding my pregnancy and raising my first child in this environment that would make me not recommend this company. Before I went on maternity leave, they treated me decent. After I got back, they treated me like everything I did was wrong and tore me apart. I wasn't the first person that they did this to and I will more than likely not be the last.

Pathways Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I believe they treat females and males equally.

Ceva Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015