TouchTunes

touchtunes.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at TouchTunes to join us.

Taunton Press, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The publishing industry is uncertain these days, but this company is a great place for woman and working mothers, in addition to all other employees.

Work from home no problem. Off for school/kid/family events is no problem. Some employees have flex hours, some have part-time schedule but still get promotions, etc. It's a family-owned business that still respects the family. Hours are 9-5, while other companies are 9-6.

CAMBA, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Improve Management Training. Train newly hired managers on how NOT to treat older employees. Just because people are young, doesn't mean they know it al

The Intercept Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In my experience, this employer has very fair and equitable policies.

Vivopools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very good place to work they treat everyone very fairly and good work life balance

Elliot Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Healthcare benefits are not great, but the pay is good and 401K offers a match.

PathPoint Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great NGO run by a majority of women in senior management positions. C suite are all women who have done great things with the mission of the organization and for the staff. Women are promoted to all levels of the organization.

Atlantic Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No women in leadership. Men within my department promoted faster with more salary growth.

Peckham, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

So far, I've worked for almost 1 year continuously. My initial run with the company had to be cut short. Having my son and taking a maternity leave meant that I would lose my job. The company hired me back, but that meant during the peak season, time with my son was almost non existant on some days. I can understand that we need to meet the demand of our clients, but you can definitely tell that it has taken a toll on the moms on the job. I, along wih other moms, have spent more time calling and asking about our children on some days than actually spending time with them. In order to get paid maternity time off, you need to be a permanent employee and already paying for short term disability through the company insurance AND FMLA. This company can also give you additional breaks to pump, which is definitely a step in the right direction. Women generally work in my department, and frankly, the men in my company and department can be a lot better than the women unfortunately. If only we women at my job can work on the same page, instead of against each other.

Maybe. It's complicated. If you can get along with your supervisors better than your average colleague then this job is perfect for you.

Redfin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women at Redfin, many in high level positions (CTO, SVP of Comms, Directors, etc.). Overall I like working at Redfin and have learned a lot from some really smart people. That being said, Redfin does a fair to middlin' job of accommodating work/life balance - nothing above and beyond what you'll find at other startups: catered lunches 3 days per week in Seattle, standing desk option, Mother's room for pumping... What I really appreciate about Redfin are our health care benefits. We pay ZERO monthly premiums, 0% coinsurnace, and very low annual deductibles and copays. What could use improving: - Compensation: internal equity could use a review for market adjustments across ALL groups, not just engineering. - 401K: LOTS of companies, including pre-IPO companies, offer a match. Redfin does not. - Transit: Seattle's traffic is becoming untenable unless you live within walking/biking distance or a short bus ride. Redfin currently provides a partial subsidy towards a bus pass, which is great for those who live within Seattle proper but not sufficient/helpful for those who live outside of Seattle and are faced with either long bus rides (with multiple transfers) or sometimes longer commutes and sky high daily/monthly parking rates in Downtown Seattle. Extending the bus subsidy to those who need/want to drive would be a good start. As a new mom taking the bus every day doesn't sound appealing when I live outside of Seattle proper. - WFH: it's known that the CEO does not like corporate employees (those working at HQ in Seattle or SF) working from home. Sometimes working from home is a necessity (sick child, appointments, etc.) and it doesn't feel good to know that your business looks down upon you taking care of your family's needs.

IDEO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for nearly 3 years. While there are a lot of women there, there were very few that made their way up to partner (that was a good old boys club). I think that has been changing since I left but definitely the case while there. If you push for it, its possible to have a good work life balance but navigating through the lack of structure to make things happen is challenging. You have an "advocate" but every time you meet with them they say lets revisit that the next time we meet. Non-hierarchy can be very frustrating unless you are tenacious and work hard to figure out how to get the processes or tools in place to do your job well.

Maybe. I think this is great to have on your resume and the alumni community is strong. If you are looking to be in the design consultancy space its a great place to cut your teeth but not great if you are looking for long term growth. This is a non-hierarchical workplace so you often have to navigate ambiguity and get the buy in of many to get a process or tool implemented. In a normal structure you would simply pitch your idea or needs to a boss, outlining why it is necessary and what kind of budget you need for it then you easily get a decision. In a non-hierarchical environment you are challenged not only with your own job but also for figuring out how to make things happen that will help the discipline grow or you grow.