Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Town Shoes to join us.

Uber Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

sky's the limit - tons of opportunity to work hard and be recognized

Staples Canada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

It will depend a great deal on whether you are in the US or in Canada, and which department you are in. There are a lot of tenured employees and while that makes for great institutional knowledge, it also makes for a lot of very old-fashioned attitudes and approach.

I believe other departments in the organization may be more flexible than the one I am in - it relates directly to the leadership.

My department is led in a manner that is extremely outdated. Recent news indicates the company may be acquired; so it is unlikely that any one action will make an appreciable difference at this point.

Canon Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.7

I like the work that I am doing but the culture is stuck in the 1950's. THere is no flexibility on hours or working from home.

You can not work from home. You must be at your desk from 9am - 5pm. There is a report that tracks your latenesses.

Standard short term disability leave. Most moms return in 6-8 weeks.

Macmillan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have a fmaily this would not be a good company. Although they say that they respect work-life balance, they don't. They expect you to answer emails until 11pm at night if not later. Also, had to get up a few time at 4:30am to attend meetings from across the UK. It was okay for me, but then had to go into the office afterwards.

EHA Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't even consider them. No work-life balance at all. No schedule flexability in a job where a rigid shedule is not needed.

Beaco Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

This company is NOT family friendly! Employees are penalized for leaving work to tend to family emergencies ( I.e: husband, children, extended family). There is blatant discrimination against women who have children! If you do have to take off to care for your kids emergencies, there us retaliation in the firm of poor performance reviews, being written up, and being verbally chastised! As a salaried employee, I am treated worse than a first grader who has to raise her hand to go to the bathroom! Micro-management style is gone best way to describe our supervisor. There is little autonomy here and very little flexibility.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Precyse Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While there are a lot of women who work for the company, the sales and IT positions with the highest pay belong to men and it is hard for women to advance. Work life balance in many of the staffing areas is non-existent. Staff is expected to travel on Sunday and not return until Friday. Those who work from home are salaried and given unreasonable work loads that generally required 10 hours per day of work. Staff if required to use up vacation when they are unable to be placed, even though it is the responsibility of sales and management to secure staffing engagements. Employees are expected to answer email during maternity leave and family vacation. Leadership was exasperated when a a woman needing FMLA due to a breast cancer diagnosis. Family benefits are expensive with high out of pocket costs.

University of California, Los Angeles Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

UCLA seems no better and no worse than other large research universities in terms of treatment of women. Visit your department and talk to people before you take the position. Having a child while a post-doc at UCLA was in some ways wonderful and in other ways terrible. On the plus side were massive amounts of flexibility and top-notch onsite daycare. On the minus, those massive amounts of flexibility have a career cost, especially if you're on a short-term appointment. Also, be careful when reading HR policies. Plenty of them do not apply to post-docs. I had a child during my second year of post-doc, but during my first year I had been paid entirely via a grant. My title and employment status changed after the first year. I had not been in my *new* position for 1 year at the time I took leave, so UCLA said that I was not eligible for FMLA. We worked out another arrangement so that in the end I did take 6 weeks or so, but there was no official policy supporting that.

Linkedin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.2

February 2015

Women are given the ability and encourages to direct their own career - see Reid Hoffman's book "The Alliance" for the leadership philosophy on creating an atmosphere of positive succession. We are all driven towards the larger mission of "Connecting the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful" and are encouraged to find ways to make this come to life in our daily work. Finally, we are continually driven and reminded that we need to develop mastery in our expertise so that we can pay it forward and help others.

Harvey Fishbein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

I work for a solo criminal defense as his sole employee. We work one-on-one and he treats me well. I'm involved in all aspects of the practice and while I do administrative/support work, he also treats me as an equal and we brainstorm, draft motions, and strategize together. I have been fully involved in a big, high-profile case we have had for the past 2 years and was invaluable during hearings and at trial. However, there is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is low with no chance for raises. I have gotten great experience post-college but feel it is time to move on.