Tranquil Space

www.tranquilspace.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Tranquil Space to join us.

Exaqueo, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Virtual companies can work -- more companies should consider this model.

Monsoon Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

It is very difficult to find out what the policies are here, not a very open culture

Fund for the Public Interest Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great job doing great work. If you are a director, you can expect to lead the office, recruit and hire people, and run the campaign. However, you are also expected to canvass people, asking strangers to donate to you on the street, alongside your crew. You have a much higher quota to fill than them. Other than the hard work and long hours, everyone is incredibly nice and wonderful to work with.

Long hours, 5 days/week. If you are a director, expect to work 6 days/week, 10-12 hours each day. The pay was not enough to keep up with such a rigorous schedule.

Novelis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Things are on the brink of changeing for women at Novelis, but you have to be willing to wait.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Be very protective of your time because you will not be rewarded for going above and beyond. But, you will be rewarded for political movements that are beneficial to the executive suite. Also, be very aware that the women in leadership are not going to be career mentors or help you develop as a professional. Highly competitive executive leadership. Backbiting and "doing what it takes to get ahead" is key. Queen Bee mentality and the worst behavior stems from female executive leadership. Terrible example for young or impressionable employees both female and male. Compensation however is excellent. If you can stand the environment. Average employment tenure is 18 months. Constant turnover across the entire organization. As a result donors do not trust organization which becomes challenging for staff. 15 years in the Development field and several in the consulting environment. Have never seen any behavior like this from clients or previous employers.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Was laid off at 5.5 months pregnant

OTG Management Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Senior leadership is male dominated, and there is one female executive in charge of global business development. The leaders at the top are not very self aware and don't pay attention to internal problems and how to fix them; they are focused mostly on the appearance of the company instead of the important substance that makes up their company. It's growing too fast and communication from top down is awful.

iMentor Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is about 75% women, so it is a generally positive environment for women. The leadership in the organization is closer to 50% male, 50% female, which is large imbalance when you consider the overall gender makeup of the company.

Yazaki North America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They don't promote women, except in support roles. They have a couple at the VP level, and that seems to be enough for them.

Advance Auto Parts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

At a store level I think the company is pretty fair but I notice a distinct lack of women in positions higher than store level ie. district management