Transfield Holdings

www.transfield.com.au/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Transfield Holdings to join us.

Yoh Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Yoh offers a good, diverse environment with encouragement for Diversity in culture, ideas, contribution, etc. A solid work ethic and good communication skills will ensure that your voice will be heard.

Starry Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.4

The group of women here is amazing. Extremely supportive with lots of mentorship opportunities. There are some departments where women remain woefully outnumbered, but the large number of women in the office (~20% right now) mitigates that.

Company is very flexible policy-wise, but it's important for the employee to set boundaries for work/life balance that feel comfortable to them. Without pushback, it would be easy to find yourself working every weekend (depending on position).

GM Financial Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Know what you want, make a plan, set SMART goals and purge ahead no matter what your obstacles may seem to be. There are quite a few very strong egos in this organization at all levels, so be prepared to experience a very wide range of them.

If you are an hourly team member, there is very little flexibility given. The team members that have to clock in and out are scrutinized for having to take any time off, especially in the call centers. However, if you are a salaried team member, depending on your relationship with your leader and the department you work in, you are allow a lot more flexibility with your time.

While being promoted and improving my compensation would be great, I would like to have more clarity surrounding what it takes to get to the next level. There is not one path of course to moving up, but if you are in a role that is fairly new to the company, there should be direct focus given in mapping out what the future "could" look like for someone in that new position. Evaluation of what the market is paying for similar roles would also need to be explored regardless of whether or not it is an internal or external going into the role.

Alcoa Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Alcoa has putting a lot of focus and energy on having a more inclusive workplace. Targets to increase women in operational and leadership positions are directly tied to bonus payments and that brings the executive level to commit and push for more diversity in recruitment and promotions. The environment and the culture is really good for women too, they respect work-life-balance and care for people is truly a key value. They also have AWN - Alcoa Womens Network, a global group that discuss and work to have best practices for women.

I was working at Brazil at the time and Alcoa was one of the few companies that chose to provide 6 months maternity leave. That was also part of the conversation during my interview when I joined in 2011.

Bloomberg Law Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.3

November 2016

The culture at Bloomberg is one of backstabbing and unattainable goals.

Calyptus Consulting Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

More travel than advertised makes work-life balance difficult to achieve. No clear maternity or paternity leave policies. Everyone who becomes pregnant or has a child leaves weeks or months after.

King Soopers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for six months (at two different stores, to be fair) and had to quit. The job as a florist was rather enjoyable, not too many rude customers and coworkers were respectful. Management was abysmal. I scheduled an OB-GYN appointment and requested the day off, a month in advance, only putting "doctor appointment" for the reason. My manager told me I couldn't have the day off, because someone who worked there longer could need it off. (not kidding, verbatim) I told her I really needed to go see a doctor and she kept asking "why,why,why" so I told her it was a minor surgical procedure with my OB-GYN. she said to ask the store manager. The store manager (who was male) absolutely insisted on knowing exactly what procedure I was having done(imagine explaining to a male boss that you need an IUD removed) and then tried to schedule me around it. Since I wasn't sure if I needed to be dilated again to take it out, I told him I needed the full day off. The second time (at a different store) I had requested christmas week off to go visit my family. I requested time off TWO months this time, just to be sure. Less than a week before I was supposed to leave, the store manager told me I couldn't have the time off. I explained I had already purchased the bus ticket and had requested the time off two months ago. She told me I couldn't go and shrugged when I told her about the ticket. I put in my two weeks notice the same day. It wasn't a bad company to work for If you don't plan on having a social life or seeing a doctor for 5 years until you make it to seniority in the Union.

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have 6 months' parental leave which is unpaid unless you use accrued sick (6-8 weeks) or vacation. I didn't anticipate needing more than 3-4 months, but due to complications ended up using every hour of those 6 months. I was in a senior leadership role and was totally supported; I didn't feel like it held me back.

Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many women work at the company and hold leadership positions so I believe there is equality in the workplace. Leadership is supportive of parents and work/life balance.

BGB group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for two years and I think the agency is great. It is mostly women. Maternity leave isn't as great as it should be and the work life balance is not great. You do have plenty of chances to advance your career here though.