Ivywifey

Vice President (VP)

Many women are in executive and leadership positions. Many mentors available

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Great technology. Very supportive management. Diverse culture. Strong customer loyalty.

Vice President (VP)

U.S. Bank is striving to improve gender diversity in leadership roles, and I am hopeful there will be changes in the next 3-5 years as the older white males retire. We have a dedicated Diversity and Inclusion department, which seeks to improve. There are many women in lower management roles. Maternity benefits are excellent, and I do believe there will be more changes in the right direction given the bank's goal to improve in gender diversity. At least leadership is aware of the lack of gender diversity at the highest levels - which is a good start.

In our business line, there is no support for working remotely. It is run by men at the top and still very traditional in not allowing for laptops and people to accomplish things at home on more flexible timing. It is difficult to look up as a female and to believe that there really are possibilities to move up in the company, as everyone in every linear level above me is a male with a spouse that does not work outside the home.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Good maternity leave benefits. While the intent exists to bring more women into leadership roles, it is mostly men who run the company. Many employees could do their jobs remotely but the company won't invest in laptops for them. This results in people having to work on evenings and weekends away from their families because the company is to thrifty too invest in laptops(or doesn't really understand the importance of allowing for this flexibility for dual working parent families). There is definitely an old boys club exists due to so many males in leadership roles. My hope is that there will be changes in the right direction in the next 3-5 years, as we need to evolve to remain competitive with other employers.

It is a frustrating industry to be in as a whole, pay is different across gender, promotions are difficult to get, and maternity leave is not a great program.

Depending on the department, there is flexibility. The current department I am in is much more flexible than the original one I was employed by.

I have not taken it yet, however, I plan to in the near future and was very disappointed to learn what the maternity leave entails.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Multiple things: Improve flex time work (allowing work from home), improve compensation (I can get the same job at a competing bank and get paid much more), Improving parental benefits, currently 12 weeks unpaid.

Maybe. Depending on the department. Certain departments are better/more fair than others.

Analytics

The Bank's policies are pretty standard for the instustry (i.e. not bad), but the compensation between men and women is not equal.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. U.S. Bank is a fine place to work, and the culture is very much in line with the rest of the industry, but men and women aren't compensated the same for doing the same job.

Lady Scorned

Depends what department you start in for how you get treated. I was passed up numerous times for promotion to less qualified individuals who put in much less time. They are very political and will mostly just pick people that have been doing sub par work but kissing management butt. In other departments I know this is not the case so once you start in my area it is very hard to get out of it cause you are looked down upon for working in my department.

Lady Wishing Well

Lots of males in upper management and all head officers are male, but it's a process and takes time. Our CEO is great and in the management levels there are a lot of young women moving up...and quickly too.

Lady Bankonit

Branch Manager

Na

Madam BranchManager

Branch Manager

Once you work for the company for five years you receive up to two weeks of maternity leave prior to your delivery date and then eight weeks after your delivery with 100% of your pay, prior to your five year mark you receive the same paid time off but you only receive 80% of your pay. You are eligible to take UP TO 12 weeks (including your paid time off) with FMLA. Many women in high positions and given opportunities to advance but I feel that there is a little bias in the pay scales for individuals that have been with the company for several years, especially as a woman.

Lady dsrt125

Administrative Asst.

Human Resources

Good benefits for the family. Always room to grow and continue education.