Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Unbound to join us.

Manhattan Broadway Hotel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You may apply right away, he may not hire you know but who knows?

n/a

The boss or manager of this hotel(John Du) is very rude, selfish and completely inconsiderate of his male, night shift employees (he has gone through 4 in just two months and about ten since February). I wonder why, I mean, the common denominator is him. He curses you out, when you reach out to him with an issue (some very serious issues) he completely ignores and when he fires you, he makes his decision weeks prior to actually telling you and only so he can train someone else to replace you. He fired me unjustly and quite illegally so (I currently am starting a lawsuit against him and a previous guest who scammed him and cost me my job). He didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt and did not consider my outstanding work and loyalty, Instead he got scared by a pair of cons and lost a loyal employee with hig integrity. A true employee that would have, if given the chance, made his hotel that much better. He treats his day staff (females) like daughters or mistresses and his male night auditors like scum. His manager David expects you to be there 10 to 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift, unpaid and only so he can get home early because he lives far and will miss his train. So unprofessional and illegal. Yet if you stay an extra half hour or even ten minutes, they request you do not put on your time sheet. The job was great. I absolutely loved doing what i did. But these two are so utterly unprofessional and schemers that I just am glad I am no longer there.

Scholastic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The maternity leave is great and there is not concern about job loss upon returning.

Eventus Solutions Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

CoBank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 5 years and it is a Good Ole Boy environment. Very few women are in higher management positions and it seems to be those that are in those positions are stifled by the male dominance. There is little opportunity as a female to advance your career path and to do so is like having the winning lottery ticket.

JTB USA Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a work place with majority women. It's easy to adjust work time or time off for kids. But the salary is pathetic. Very little chances of career development.

Texas Children's Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

A good company with a disappointing maternity policy.

Chicago Gasket Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Worst job I've ever had. I'm pretty sure they're violating labor laws.

SGS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Nothing

Conric Holdings Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Owner works you to the bone for minimal pay.

Bank of America Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

May 2015

If I think back to before my first day, the interview process, I would tell myself to run for the hills and not take the job. The interview process lasted three months with seven different interviews and the final interview being a panel of three advisors and then finally a one on one with the director of the complex. The whole time they try to convince you to not take the job, and the director flat out told me I was a toss up because of my GPA. Looking back my gut was trying to tell me this was not the right decision. Fast forward five months into the job, I had all of my required licenses (series 7, series 66, life and health insurance). I was feeling ready to start my financial advising practice just like my father had at my age thirty years ago. I was lucky I had him to mentor me through the confusing times, and I was also lucky to have a mentor on my team who saw my potential and was the most encouraging person I have ever met. He was a man. In my experience everything went sour when my male mentor left our team of 10 taking 7 of the teammates to start his own firm. I couldn't hate him for this. I was actually really happy for him and didn't blame him for not taking me. I was not producing any business yet. What happened next ultimately led to my resignation. I was untrained, and told/expected to cold call from 8:00a-7:00p everyday or do whatever I need to do to get business through the door. What they don't tell you at BofA/ML, is that you make your own cold calling lists, you have to learn SalesForce on your own, and then see if you'll sink or swim. Most young advisors catch breaks early on from their family's, however I did not have this advantage. I ended up going on an all male team (there was only one all female team in the complex who did not take on young advisors). Lucky enough for me I heard my new "mentor" say that "young advisors are the best, because they do all the grunt work, never make their quotas because they're set too high by the corporation, and 'we' (the mentors) get 1/2 for not doing anything. Finally when they (young advisor) leaves, we get all the business they brought in." It was a reality check for me. This mentor told Merrill Lynch management that he was going to help grow talent and train young advisors but at the end of the day he only cared about himself. This business is a tough gig. Know what you are getting yourself into. Also, for women, know that most of the women in the office are Client Associates or Secretaries. The women I knew who were Financial Advisors were either anxious and miserable, divorced a few times, or never married. The job took over their lives, they never made it to their kids events, and because it is a male dominated industry, their male counterparts never fully understood these women's roles as mothers. After a few months of realizing what I had gotten myself into, and what I did not want to become, I got myself out. The only way I would ever go back to financial advising, which I enjoyed, is if I joined a small private firm that wasn't as behind the times as ML is. The positives: If you can make it, you can make A LOT of money. Also, Merrill Lynch Global Research is some of the best in the business which is great for their clients. Major con: management has the backs of the high producing financial advisors. Don't expect things to be "fair".