Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

University of Arizona

www.arizona.edu
4.5

happyinheels

Know your boss. Investigate your new supervisor/boss as much as you can before you say yes to the job. Some are phenomenal and some are not.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Depends on which division or school you are going to be working in.

I am very satisfied working for the University of Arizona. I find they have a "family comes first" mentality. They offer 6 weeks paid paternal leave (yes, for both mom AND dad!), subsidized day care, generous vacation and sick days, flexible work arrangements, excellent and affordable health care coverage, free nutrition counseling, and so many other benefits that make working here amazing. This place is also very pro-pumping -- they provide secure, private places all over campus to pump breastmilk in private. They are very accommodating to the needs of new mothers too, such as providing a mini fridge in your office to store breastmilk, or allowing new moms to ease in back to work after maternity leave. All you need to do is ask. If your department is difficult to work with, ask the on-campus lactation specialist! I feel very secure in my job because of University policies in place that keep things fair and just. I love my job and the people I work with. Definitely a female-friendly work environment!

• Recent Salary (USD)