UM BWMC

www.mybwmc.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at UM BWMC to join us.

Children's Learning Adventure Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepred to give your all to teach and love children.

They work around your hours.

Regis Corp Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I can speak to headquarters, not our salons. We do have a lot of amazing people and a majority of women below Vice President, and it’s a fun and collegial place to work.

I work at headquarters, in Minneapolis. New CEO (started 4/2017) has really pulled back on flexibility, saying people should not be working from home and ending the summer Fridays policy. It’s been a big culture shift.

CliniComp International, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are fair and completely equitable to female workers and completely support women workers.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

GetUWired Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

GetUWired is an internet marketing company based out of a large cabin in the woods of North Georgia. Our CEO, Melissa Allen, started here an an intern and worked her way up through the ranks to obtain her position in a very short amount of time.

Some positions are allowed more flexibility than others due to the nature of that particular position's work.

Continuing offering and encouraging growth opportunities.

Nance Roofing, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are Very respectful and understanding of a single mothers schedule. I never have to worry about my kids.

Very respectful and understanding of a single mothers schedule. All we have to do is log onto https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com and depending on what city office you live in you put the hours you need to work around for daycare. For example: if you need the Conway, SC office you would log onto conway roofing contractor at https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com/conway-roofing-contractor/ If you need Pawleys Island you would log onto https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com/pawleys-island-roofing-contractor/ and if you lived in Charleston, SC or were near that office you would just go to https://roofinginmyrtlebeach.com/charleston-roofing-contractor/. The owner Steve nance makes it so that we can work from anywhere.

North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be assertive before bullies.

Suncor Energy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for 5 years too long. It's a sexist company with a good old boys attitude. It's a Canadian company with a US division. The discrepancies between the maternity leave for Canadian citizens and US citizens is absurd. The life work balance is almost non-existant. It has only been recently that promoting diveristy and inclusion has been on the radar of Suncor.

University Readers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The work-life balance will be terrible if you work as a project manager for either publishing division--to meet deadlines, you will probably be working 10-12 hour days plus weekends for 8-9 months of the year. Women who disagreed with management were openly labelled as "problems" within the company and were essentially forced out through alienation. Women are promoted up into management roles, but there is a pay difference between men and women for most roles.

Cornerstone Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

March 2015

I worked here right after college, and I frankly wasn't very aware of or active regarding workplace women's issues. However, thinking back on the company, I realized that any address of women's issues was completely absent. There were no committees, no events geared towards encouraging mentorship, etc.