University of Massachusetts Medical Schoo www.umassmed.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about University of Massachusetts Medical Schoo?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at University of Massachusetts Medical Schoo to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

University of California Berkeley

67%say women are treated fairly
33% would recommend
12/9/16, 12:24 AM

Antiquated systems. Face time is important. Decisions are made by multiple committees over many months of time.

Carnegie Mellon University

20%say women are treated fairly
40% would recommend
12/8/16, 5:09 PM

The hours can be flexible depending on your boss. There are not enough women in higher positions.

University of Colorado Boulder

12/7/16, 4:41 AM

I work under an amazing man who has given me so many opprotunites and treats me with great respect.

Columbus State Community College

12/4/16, 10:12 PM

Most of the vice president positions are held by women. Women in higher education, I have found, are different breed than other women in the workplace. I am not on the academic side of college. The college is very policy-driven. Although, there are many women in upper management, the atmosphere is very much a 'good old boys club.'

Hire appropriate amount of people per Department. Many departments, such as mine, are understaffed and overworked. Not fair and equitable in comparison with other departments in the college.

Kaplan University

3.4
80%say women are treated fairly
60% would recommend
12/1/16, 2:58 AM

Its a man's world governed by nepotism. Equal pay does not exist and there is no urgent desire within management or hr to fix this.

Maybe. Other departments seem to be more women friendly.

Indiana University

3.6
60%say women are treated fairly
60% would recommend
11/30/16, 10:21 PM

Indiana University seems to me to be seriously behind other research institutions of its kind as far as what it is willing to pay its employees and the benefits that it gives those employees.

Maybe. As someone expecting a child right now, I have been disappointed by the lack of support for my employment class. I am also required to take almost half of my annual vacation time during a week-long period when the library is closed for the winter holiday. This leaves me only a week of paid time off to see family that live in other parts of the country. There is great disparity of benefits between different pay grades, and people that I work with closely are given many more opportunities to achieve a good work-life balance. This makes this employer very difficult to recommend, although I love the work I do.

Washington State University Extension

11/27/16, 5:54 PM

An excellent employer. Within Extension, you're "out in the field" and you'll encounter bias and prejudice among those you serve the general public -- it is invaluable to have a County Director who advocates for all employees.

Take a closer look at parity between historically female-staffed departments (e.g., Youth and Family Program Unit of Extension) and those that have more male staff (e.g., Ag. and Natural Resources)

UCLA Computer Science

11/26/16, 11:18 AM

Academia requires long hours. But otherwise, there is a strong internal push for hiring and promoting women.

University of Colorado, Denver

11/22/16, 8:21 PM

Flexible work schedules are emphasized. There are many other working moms. Policies around maternity leave are fair, but there is no parental leave.

Santa Barbara City College

11/11/16, 11:05 PM

The College is an excellent place to work. I am a part-time worker so I can't speak to FT benefits or family leave. However, the people and systems have been very accommodating to me. I feel fully supported, comfortable and have always been treated fairly. It is a beautiful campus, well run and compensation is decent. I highly recommend it. My department, in particular, is fantastic. I love going to work.

I'm an adjunct professor and wish there was more opportunity for full time faculty positions. However, I am realistic about the changing nature of higher ed. Tenure-track faculty jobs are rare and disappearing.