University of Texas www.utsystem.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about University of Texas?
Lady ATX Operations Manager, School of Social Work

The School of Social Work is great, but beholden to the State of Texas standards. The vacation and sick time are generous, and you can sign up for STD. Healthcare is great for you and dependents and there is childcare on campus, if you're enrolled. However, because it's the state of Texas, there is 0 paid medical leave, so you have to save your PTO hours up and use that. There are also complicated rules about how much sick vs comp vs PTO you can use in a week. While HR might tell you if you ask/dig, I made my own spreadsheet based on accruals and deductions from my PTO bank to try and estimate/limit my wage disruption. UT has 20k employees and a monthly class for retirees to access their benefits but no such option exists for anyone going on FMLA. So, you can do it well, but you have to work it (and save up your PTO). Also, my particular program had a terrible director in terms of EIQ and labor standards. So, it's a mixed bag.

I hear the School is wonderful, but my particular program director was a nightmare.
Lady anon2016

Many women have mid-level to high-level management roles, but there is only one female at the highest level of executive management. I believe that women are treated fairly here and have good opportunities for advancement compared to their male counterparts.

Women Review University of Texas for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of University of Texas by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website Lady ATX Lady anon2016