The service division is predominately female but it's not as supportive as you'd hope. It can get catty and oddly competitive. Sales is more balanced. The majority of senior leadership is male but females aren't going for those roles. Leadership roles are few and far between due to a wide span of control. Most leadership roles are are located in corporate.

Flexibility is dependent on the department. Sales is very flexible. Service team is less flexible with a work from home day each week but the leadership runs a tight ship and relies upon outdated policies that can be punitive. The manufacturing division has little to no flexibility. There are targeting, marketing and new product divisions. I'm unsure of their flexibility.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Improve the available opportunity outside of corporate. They have a lot of talent and they aren't using it well; especially through using outdated policies.

Lady Smiles

I've worked in my current role for 5 years, during which I took maternity leave. Management here was extremely supportive and I didn't feel any pressure to return sooner than the legal 12-week leave. My only complaint is that between the company's maternity policy and the short-term disability, I was only paid for about 7 of the 12 weeks. As a mother, I feel that the company supports me and is flexible - as long as I am flexible as well. Picking my child up at daycare right at 5pm is no problem, but if a project is due I'll work after hours from home to finish up. As long as the work gets done well and on-time, my management supports whatever I need to do as a parent.